Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Best Way to Deploy Fastify Application? Seeking Help and Insights

Options
sms92
sms92 Posts: 5
edited July 2023 in LFW212 Class Forum

Hello Linux community,

I have a question that may sound a bit foolish and unrelated to the lfw212, but I genuinely need your help and insights regarding the best way to deploy a Fastify application.

First of all, I want to express my gratitude for the incredible Fastify course, which has been instrumental in helping me understand the fundamentals and kick-start my Fastify journey and mastering node services development. However, I've encountered a roadblock while trying to deploy a Fastify application that utilizes third-party libraries and packages, specifically Puppeteer (a headless browser).

In the past, when working with Express, I successfully deployed an app that leveraged a headless browser to a remote VM, and it worked like a charm. However, with Fastify, I've been struggling to find a suitable deployment solution. Regardless of how I assign the port in the code or utilize Fastify's initialization function, the Fastify compiler consistently throws an "already listening" error.

I would greatly appreciate any advice, suggestions, or personal experiences from the community. Have you faced similar challenges when deploying Fastify applications? What strategies or hosting solutions have you found effective, especially when dealing with third-party libraries like Puppeteer?

I apologize for this seemingly unrelated question, but I believe seeking help from the knowledgeable Linux community is the best way to find a solution. Your insights are invaluable, and I look forward to your responses.

Thank you in advance for your support!

Comments

Categories

Upcoming Training