Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

lab2 on this command docker exec -it ca.org1.example.com bash getting error

Options

Hi Everyone, in Lab 2
I run this command: in a new terminal like class instructions.

docker exec -it ca.org1.example.com bash

error response from demon No such container ca.org1.example.com

In the other terminal in ubuntu I got output

[INFO] Listening on http://0.0.0.0:7054

So I followed class instructions

Let’s leave the Fabric CA server running.
Enrolling Identities
Before you continue, let’s open a new terminal window on your workstation and enter back into the Fabric CA container:

and run this command and get this error

I run this command: in a new terminal like class instructions.

docker exec -it ca.org1.example.com bash

error response from demon No such container ca.org1.example.com

any help is appreciated

Comments

• Bobbijn
    Bobbijn Posts: 190
    Options

llo,
    Thank you for reaching out with your issue in Lab 2 of your course. The error message you are encountering, "error response from daemon: No such container ca.org1.example.com," typically indicates that the Docker container named ca.org1.example.com is not running or does not exist. This container is supposed to be your Fabric CA server.

Here are a few steps to troubleshoot this issue:

Check Running Containers: First, ensure that the Fabric CA server container is actually running. You can do this by executing the command docker ps in the terminal. This command will list all active containers. Look for ca.org1.example.com in the list.

Start the Container: If the ca.org1.example.com container is not listed, it means it's not running. You'll need to start it using the appropriate Docker Compose command, typically something like docker-compose up -d. Make sure you are in the directory where your docker-compose.yml file is located when you run this command.
    Please let me know your progress, Bobbi

Categories

Upcoming Training