Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Error configuring microk8s

edreir
edreir Posts: 7
edited March 2023 in LFS244 Class Forum

Hello,

I am on mac ventura 13.2.1 and I installed and now configuring microk8s, when running:

microk8s install

I got the error message:

An error occurred when trying to execute 'sudo ping -c 1 snapcraft.io' with 'multipass': returned exit code 1.

Any help on how to fix will be appreciated.

Thanks

Answers

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,886

Hi @edreir

Can you please advise what course is this related to?

Regards,

Flavia

• edreir

Hello, it is related to:

Managing Kubernetes Applications with Helm (LFS244)

Regards

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,886

This post was moved under the LFS244 forum to ensure it gets appropriate attention.

• chrispokorni
    chrispokorni Posts: 2,155

Hi @edreir,

Does your host meet the physical requirements noted on the official installation page?

https://microk8s.io/docs/install-macos

Regards,
    -Chris

• edreir

Note: Installing MicroK8s with Multipass requires macOS Yosemite, version 10.10.3 or later installed on hardware from 2010 onwards. It will also require at least 4GB of available RAM and 40GB of storage.

Yes it does

• chrispokorni

Hi @edreir,

Can you run the same ping command to snapcraft.io from your host, outside of the microk8s install? Is it successful?

Regards,
    -Chris

• edreir

interesting I pinged and it reached the server then I was able to install, not sure if the ping execution was the fix, but unfortunately it returned a different error:

An error occurred with the instance when trying to launch with 'multipass': returned exit code 2.
    Ensure that 'multipass' is setup correctly and try again.

should I open a new thread for this error?

Thank you

• chrispokorni

Hi @edreir,

Have you tried maybe re-installing multipass? If something got misconfigured the first time around, it may get fixed.

Regards,
    -Chris

• bwi
    bwi Posts: 1
    edited March 11

Ich have the same problem here (Mac M1 Pro Sonoma). Deinstall, Reinstall, brew install...nothing helps. It seems, that some commands are not installed in sudo env!?:

base@MacBook-Pro-von-Jan ~$ microk8s status --wait-ready
    sudo: microk8s.status: command not found
    An error occurred when trying to execute 'sudo microk8s.status --wait-ready' with 'multipass': returned exit code 1.

Categories

Upcoming Training