Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

LFD259 Study Material is of unbelievably low quality

Options

I'm sorry. There is absolutely nothing readable in this course.

It seems somebody prepared this course when he/she was working two other full time jobs.

I paid 250$ or so, after a 50% discount.. I feel this is nothing short of a scam.

Pick any part of the course, you will see grammatical mistakes, formatting errors and most importantly very very shallow or nonexistent treatment of the subject.

Read this:

"When a volume is requested, the local kubelet uses the kubelet_pods.go script to map the raw devices, determine and make the mount point for the container, then create the symbolic link on the host node filesystem to associate the storage to the container. The API server makes a request for the storage to the StorageClass plugin, but the specifics of the requests to the backend storage depend on the plugin in use."

I read this no less than 10 times, I still do not understand what he's trying to say.

Or this passage:

"In order to encrypt secrets, you must create an EncryptionConfiguration object with a key and proper identity. Then, the kube-apiserver needs the --encryption-provider-config flag set to a previously configured provider, such as aescbc or ksm. Once this is enabled, you need to recreate every secret, as they are encrypted upon write. Multiple keys are possible. Each key for a provider is tried during decryption. The first key of the first provider is used for encryption. To rotate keys, first create a new key, restart (all) kube-apiserver processes, then recreate every secret."

No wonder this course has low rating.

I feel embarrassed that I jumped at the "50% discount" pitch without checking on the feedback

Comments

• muhozag
    muhozag Posts: 1
    Options

Completely agree. Very low level. I came to it after taking a 10-dollar course on udemy that is much better only because I was worried that maybe the material in that course does not closely match the exam.

• tastyminerals
    tastyminerals Posts: 4
    edited March 28
    Options

It's funny how just now I am reading the paragraph on "Secrets" and thinking the same thing... I took this course only because of the exam, hoping that it would be better to take both from the same organization.

Soon after the beginning, I decided that once I finished it, I would write a post with concrete examples that show how completely unrelated paragraphs appear one after another. There are semantic and, gosh, grammatical mistakes. Some material is repeated but in a reformulated form on the same page as if it was assembled by different people who, I am afraid to imagine, have little to no understanding of the topic. Skimming through the forum and the staff responses leaves a rather sad impression.

Unfortunately, we will have to warn the team and make sure nobody from our company takes this course in the future.

• adzee95
    adzee95 Posts: 4
    edited April 8
    Options

I agree that the quality of the course is low, and for this price is a stretch.

Categories

Upcoming Training