Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

error execution phase preflight Lab 3.2

Options
elenabc
elenabc Posts: 1
edited February 2023 in LFS258 Class Forum

I got the next error in step 15 of lab 3.2:
"error execution phase preflight: unable to fetch the kubeadm-config ConfigMap: failed to get config map: Get "https://k8scp:6443/api/v1/namespaces/kube-system/configmaps/kubeadm-config?timeout=10s": dial tcp: lookup k8scp on 127.0.0.53:53: server misbehaving
To see the stack trace of this error execute with --v=5 or higher"

How can I solve this issue? All help is welcomed.

Answers

• chrispokorni
    Options

Hi @elenabc,

First I'd recommend verifying that the /etc/hosts files on both nodes are set with the correct control plane node private IP and the k8scp alias, together with the 127.0.0.1 localhost entry (step 14 and lab 3.1 step 21).

Second, create a new token and extract the hash (steps 12 and 13) for a new join command. However, prior to running the join command again on the worker node, please run kubeadm reset on the worker to clear any possible incomplete configuration.

Regards,
    -Chris

• nicocerquera
    Options

Similar to the experience listed here, I get stuck on the preflight checks since it starts but hangs w/o resolution for a long period of time:

What should I do?

• fazlur.khan
    Options

@nicocerquera

The worker node is unable to connect to the Control-plane. Ensure you are able to connect to control-plane node from worker node. (Firewalls, ports, etc)

The kubeadm join command has the apiserver-advertise-address - For example : 192.168.10.100:6443 which is missing in your screenshot, I am assuming you have masked it for security purposes. If not, then ensure the join command has reference to apiserver and also ensure that you are able to connect to control-plane

"kubeadm join 192.168.10.100:6443 --token xyz --discovery-token-ca-cert-hash abcxyz"

• chrispokorni
    Options

Hi @nicocerquera,

I would still, however, for the purpose of this course, stick with the recommended approach from the lab guide and run both kubeadm init and kubeadm join with the k8scp alias instead of a specific node IP address.

What type of infrastructure do you use for lab VMs? Cloud or a local hypervisor? What about firewalls, VPCs, subnets? Are the /etc/hosts files on both nodes populated with the private IP address of the control plane node and the k8scp alias?

Regards,
    -Chris

• nicocerquera
    Options

Hi All,

I use cloud - AWS, I have two nodes on AWS one is CP and the other is the worker node. Both of them have the ufw status as disabled.

The error that I get is :

kubeadm join --token pum9dm.3m2y93x9a98j4lvn k8scp:6443 --dis                                                 covery-token-ca-cert-hash sha256:763941a24.......e1d929c73                                                 e82c5d8a9109a6428
    [preflight] Running pre-flight checks
    error execution phase preflight: couldn't validate the identity of the API Serve                                                 r: Get "https://k8scp:6443/api/v1/namespaces/kube-public/configmaps/cluster-info                                                 ?timeout=10s": dial tcp: lookup k8scp on 8.8.4.4:53: no such host
    To see the stack trace of this error execute with --v=5 or higher

Then I made sure I had the correct IP address on both nodes for /etc/hosts and I got:

kubeadm join --token pum9dm.3m2y93x9a98j4lvn k8scp:6443 --discovery-token-ca-cert-hash sha256:763941a2426dbd98                                       b41b1daa......a9109a6428                                                                                                                        [preflight] Running pre-flight checks
    error execution phase preflight: couldn't validate the identity of the API Server: could not find a JWS signature in the cluster-                                       info ConfigMap for token ID "pum9dm"
    To see the stack trace of this error execute with --v=5 or higher

Did steps 12 and 13 again since the token had to be renewed and the command is working well now, thanks!

• nicocerquera
    Options

Now in section 3.3 of the lab, I am seeing that the coredns pods are not running, that is, they remain on a pending state:

~$ kubectl get pods --all-namespaces
    NAMESPACE     NAME                                  READY   STATUS    RESTARTS   AGE
    kube-system   coredns-6d4b75cb6d-5992r              0/1     Pending   0          42m
    kube-system   coredns-6d4b75cb6d-g5hhf              0/1     Pending   0          42m

That is, even after being deleted the pods recreate on a pending status, and are not running, what can I do to get them into running mode?

• chrispokorni
    Options

Hi @nicocerquera,

Are these the only two pods that are not in a Running state?

Before deciding what to do we need to determine what prevents them from reaching the desired Running state. Can you run kubectl -n kube-system describe pod coredns-6d4b75cb6d-5992r and provide the output?

Regards,
    -Chris

• nicocerquera
    Options

Yes, those are the only ones not running, the rest are ok :smile:

kubectl get pods --all-namespaces
    NAMESPACE     NAME                                  READY   STATUS    RESTARTS   AGE
    kube-system   coredns-6d4b75cb6d-5992r              0/1     Pending   0          4d3h
    kube-system   coredns-6d4b75cb6d-g5hhf              0/1     Pending   0          4d3h
    kube-system   etcd-dev-node128                      1/1     Running   0          6d22h
    kube-system   kube-apiserver-dev-node128            1/1     Running   0          6d22h
    kube-system   kube-controller-manager-dev-node128   1/1     Running   0          6d22h
    kube-system   kube-proxy-hqtfx                      1/1     Running   0          4d3h
    kube-system   kube-proxy-lbqcp                      1/1     Running   0          6d22h
    kube-system   kube-scheduler-dev-node128            1/1     Running   0          6d22h

and, here is the output of what you have asked @chrispokorni

kubectl -n kube-system describe pod coredns-6d4b75cb6d-5992r
    Name:                 coredns-6d4b75cb6d-5992r
    Namespace:            kube-system
    Priority:             2000000000
    Priority Class Name:  system-cluster-critical
    Node:                 <none>
    Labels:               k8s-app=kube-dns
                          pod-template-hash=6d4b75cb6d
    Annotations:          <none>
    IP:
    IPs:                  <none>
    Controlled By:        ReplicaSet/coredns-6d4b75cb6d
    Containers:
      coredns:
        Image:       k8s.gcr.io/coredns/coredns:v1.8.6
        Ports:       53/UDP, 53/TCP, 9153/TCP
        Host Ports:  0/UDP, 0/TCP, 0/TCP
        Args:
          -conf
          /etc/coredns/Corefile
        Limits:
          memory:  170Mi
        Requests:
          cpu:        100m
          memory:     70Mi
        Liveness:     http-get http://:8080/health delay=60s timeout=5s period=10s #success=1 #failure=5
        Readiness:    http-get http://:8181/ready delay=0s timeout=1s period=10s #success=1 #failure=3
        Environment:  <none>
        Mounts:
          /etc/coredns from config-volume (ro)
          /var/run/secrets/kubernetes.io/serviceaccount from kube-api-access-t6mkh (ro)
    Conditions:
      Type           Status
      PodScheduled   False
    Volumes:
      config-volume:
        Type:      ConfigMap (a volume populated by a ConfigMap)
        Name:      coredns
        Optional:  false
      kube-api-access-t6mkh:
        Type:                    Projected (a volume that contains injected data from multiple sources)
        TokenExpirationSeconds:  3607
        ConfigMapName:           kube-root-ca.crt
        ConfigMapOptional:       <nil>
        DownwardAPI:             true
    QoS Class:                   Burstable
    Node-Selectors:              kubernetes.io/os=linux
    Tolerations:                 CriticalAddonsOnly op=Exists
                                 node-role.kubernetes.io/control-plane:NoSchedule
                                 node-role.kubernetes.io/master:NoSchedule
                                 node.kubernetes.io/not-ready:NoExecute op=Exists for 300s
                                 node.kubernetes.io/unreachable:NoExecute op=Exists for 300s
    Events:
      Type     Reason            Age                      From               Message
      ----     ------            ----                     ----               -------
      Warning  FailedScheduling  3m23s (x1193 over 4d3h)  default-scheduler  0/2 nodes are available: 2 node(s) had untolerated taint {node.kubernetes.io/not-ready: }.          preemption: 0/2 nodes are available: 2 Preemption is not helpful for scheduling.

• nicocerquera
    Options

warning mentions 'untolerated taint'

• chrispokorni
    Options

Hi @nicocerquera,

Please use the solution in the comment linked below to install the calico network plugin in your cluster. If the coredns pods do not reach a running state, please delete them and the controller will automatically recreate them for you.

https://forum.linuxfoundation.org/discussion/comment/36843/#Comment_36843

Regards,
    -Chris

• nicocerquera
    Options

I have installed the calico file and applied it:

now I have the same issue, containers are on a pending state:

kube-system   coredns-6d4b75cb6d-bpgsw              0/1     Pending   0          20m
    kube-system   coredns-6d4b75cb6d-rbs2q              0/1     Pending   0          20m
    kube-system   etcd-dev-node128                      1/1     Running   1          29m
    kube-system   kube-apiserver-dev-node128            1/1     Running   1          29m
    kube-system   kube-controller-manager-dev-node128   1/1     Running   1          29m
    kube-system   kube-proxy-7t8qg                      1/1     Running   0          6m2s
    kube-system   kube-proxy-cq6t7                      1/1     Running   0          28m
    kube-system   kube-scheduler-dev-node128            1/1     Running   1          29m

Here is a description of one of the nodes that is still in the pending state

kubectl -n kube-system describe pod coredns-6d4b75cb6d-bpgsw
    Name:                 coredns-6d4b75cb6d-bpgsw
    Priority:             2000000000
    Priority Class Name:  system-cluster-critical
    Node:                 <none>
    Labels:               k8s-app=kube-dns
                          pod-template-hash=6d4b75cb6d
    IP:
    IPs:                  <none>
    Controlled By:        ReplicaSet/coredns-6d4b75cb6d
    Containers:
      coredns:
        Image:       k8s.gcr.io/coredns/coredns:v1.8.6
        Ports:       53/UDP, 53/TCP, 9153/TCP
        Host Ports:  0/UDP, 0/TCP, 0/TCP
        Args:
          -conf
          /etc/coredns/Corefile
        Limits:
          memory:  170Mi
        Requests:
          cpu:        100m
          memory:     70Mi
        Liveness:     http-get http://:8080/health delay=60s timeout=5s period=10s #success=1 #failure=5
        Readiness:    http-get http://:8181/ready delay=0s timeout=1s period=10s #success=1 #failure=3
        Environment:  <none>
        Mounts:
          /etc/coredns from config-volume (ro)
          /var/run/secrets/kubernetes.io/serviceaccount from kube-api-access-2nxv6 (ro)
    Conditions:
      Type           Status
      PodScheduled   False
    Volumes:
      config-volume:
        Type:      ConfigMap (a volume populated by a ConfigMap)
        Name:      coredns
        Optional:  false
      kube-api-access-2nxv6:
        Type:                    Projected (a volume that contains injected data from multiple sources)
    Tolerations:                 CriticalAddonsOnly op=Exists
                                 node-role.kubernetes.io/control-plane:NoSchedule
                                 node-role.kubernetes.io/master:NoSchedule
                                 node.kubernetes.io/not-ready:NoExecute op=Exists for 300s
                                 node.kubernetes.io/unreachable:NoExecute op=Exists for 300s
    Events:
      Type     Reason            Age    From               Message
      ----     ------            ----   ----               -------
      Warning  FailedScheduling  2m35s  default-scheduler  0/2 nodes are available: 2 node(s) had untolerated taint {node.kubernetes.io/not-ready: }. preemption: 0/2 nodes are available: 2 Preemption is not helpful for scheduling.

Maybe it has to do with the untolerated taint warning?

I have deleted them and the recreation is still pending state

Any other tests/ideas to know why they are not running?

• nicocerquera
    Options

Also, I noticed that there are no calico pods on the pod list

• nicocerquera
    Options

Here is the response after I made sure the calico.yaml is applied:

kubectl apply -f calico.yaml
    configmap/calico-config unchanged
    serviceaccount/calico-node unchanged
    resource mapping not found for name: "calico-node" namespace: "kube-system" from "calico.yaml": no matches for kind "DaemonSet" in version "extensions/v1beta1"
    ensure CRDs are installed first
    resource mapping not found for name: "globalfelixconfigs.crd.projectcalico.org" namespace: "" from "calico.yaml": no matches for kind "CustomResourceDefinition" in version "apiextensions.k8s.io/v1beta1"
    resource mapping not found for name: "bgppeers.crd.projectcalico.org" namespace: "" from "calico.yaml": no matches for kind "CustomResourceDefinition" in version "apiextensions.k8s.io/v1beta1"
    resource mapping not found for name: "globalbgpconfigs.crd.projectcalico.org" namespace: "" from "calico.yaml": no matches for kind "CustomResourceDefinition" in version "apiextensions.k8s.io/v1beta1"
    resource mapping not found for name: "ippools.crd.projectcalico.org" namespace: "" from "calico.yaml": no matches for kind "CustomResourceDefinition" in version "apiextensions.k8s.io/v1beta1"
    resource mapping not found for name: "globalnetworkpolicies.crd.projectcalico.org" namespace: "" from "calico.yaml": no matches for kind "CustomResourceDefinition" in version "apiextensions.k8s.io/v1beta1"

Maybe it is a version issue?, please let me know

• chrispokorni
    Options

Hi @nicocerquera,

As recommended earlier, please use the solution in the comment linked below to install the calico network plugin in your cluster (it provides the updated link for the calico.yaml definition file). The coredns pods should become ready once all calico components are successfully installed and operational.

https://forum.linuxfoundation.org/discussion/comment/36843/#Comment_36843

Regards,
    -Chris

• nicocerquera
    Options

oooookey,

As mentioned earlier, that was the calico installation file I used, that is why I added the output.

It is working now, difference was that the previous calico installation file had to be deleted, that is prior to having and downloading the calico yaml file from that link, ideally there would be no other calico installation file in place.

Thanks!

• nicocerquera
    Options

regarding section 3.4 number 19;
    when I do the tcpdump command:

sudo tcpdump -i tun10
    tcpdump: tun10: No such device exists
    (SIOCGIFHWADDR: No such device)

Any idea why that is the case?, maybe I should use another name

• chrispokorni
    chrispokorni Posts: 2,171
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hi @nicocerquera,

Any idea why that is the case?, maybe I should use another name

Yes, most definitely you should use the correct name as it is presented in the lab guide. To help understand the name, I would recommend reading the description of the step as well, where the author breaks down the name of the device:

to view traffic on the tunl0 , as in tunnel zero, interface

Regards,
    -Chris

• nicocerquera
    Options

I was using "1" instead of "l" on the tunl0 call.

That part is ok now, yet on the next item:
    20. I see that I am not able to access the cluster

kubectl get svc nginx
    NAME    TYPE        CLUSTER-IP     EXTERNAL-IP   PORT(S)   AGE
    nginx   ClusterIP   10.101.35.17   <none>        80/TCP    25h

128:~$ kubectl get ep  nginx
    NAME    ENDPOINTS           AGE
    nginx   192.168.128.72:80   25h

128:~$ curl 10.101.35.17:80
    curl: (28) Failed to connect to 10.101.35.17 port 80: Connection timed out

128:~$ curl 192.168.128.72:80
    curl: (28) Failed to connect to 192.168.128.72 port 80: Connection timed out

Can you pls guide me as to how to get access to the cluster?

NAMESPACE     NAME                                       READY   STATUS    RESTARTS   AGE
    default       nginx-6c8b449b8f-cmc4w                     1/1     Running   0          38m
    kube-system   calico-kube-controllers-55fc758c88-mjr95   1/1     Running   0          27h
    kube-system   calico-node-92vnk                          0/1     Running   0          15s
    kube-system   calico-node-j9nrz                          0/1     Running   0          15s
    kube-system   coredns-6d4b75cb6d-bpgsw                   1/1     Running   0          47h
    kube-system   coredns-6d4b75cb6d-rbs2q                   1/1     Running   0          47h
    kube-system   etcd-dev-node128                           1/1     Running   1          2d
    kube-system   kube-apiserver-dev-node128                 1/1     Running   1          2d
    kube-system   kube-controller-manager-dev-node128        1/1     Running   1          2d
    kube-system   kube-proxy-7t8qg                           1/1     Running   0          47h
    kube-system   kube-proxy-cq6t7                           1/1     Running   0          2d
    kube-system   kube-scheduler-dev-node128                 1/1     Running   1          2d

• chrispokorni
    Options

Hi @nicocerquera,

I would start by troubleshooting the calico-node pods, more precisely listing the events of these pods. What does the following command display?

kubectl -n kube-system describe pod calico-node-92vnk

And, how did you configure your AWS VPC and the SG for your EC2 instances? Did you follow the demo video from the introductory chapter? I would recommend taking a closer look to understand the networking requirements of the lab environment.

Regards,
    -Chris

• nicocerquera
    Options

Hi Chris,

Here is the output of the command you suggested, pasted in two parts due to limitations of characters:

kubectl -n kube-system describe pod calico-node-92vnk
    Name:                 calico-node-92vnk
    Priority:             2000001000
    Priority Class Name:  system-node-critical
    Node:                 dev-node128/10.163.0.101
    Start Time:           Thu, 23 Feb 2023 01:51:06 +0000
    Labels:               controller-revision-hash=574d4d8fcb
                          k8s-app=calico-node
                          pod-template-generation=1
    IP:                   10.163.0.101
    IPs:
      IP:           10.163.0.101
    Controlled By:  DaemonSet/calico-node
    Init Containers:
      upgrade-ipam:
        Container ID:  containerd://0d62c8a8c3493abedf1a6877081177ddef38f7b6ebe80205a44878dd82c2017e
        Image:         docker.io/calico/cni:v3.25.0
        Image ID:      docker.io/calico/cni@sha256:a38d53cb8688944eafede2f0eadc478b1b403cefeff7953da57fe9cd2d65e977
        Port:          <none>
        Host Port:     <none>
        Command:
          /opt/cni/bin/calico-ipam
          -upgrade
        State:          Terminated
          Reason:       Completed
          Exit Code:    0
          Started:      Thu, 23 Feb 2023 01:51:07 +0000
          Finished:     Thu, 23 Feb 2023 01:51:07 +0000
        Ready:          True
        Restart Count:  0
        Environment Variables from:
          kubernetes-services-endpoint  ConfigMap  Optional: true
        Environment:
          KUBERNETES_NODE_NAME:        (v1:spec.nodeName)
          CALICO_NETWORKING_BACKEND:  <set to the key 'calico_backend' of config map 'calico-config'>  Optional: false
        Mounts:
          /host/opt/cni/bin from cni-bin-dir (rw)
          /var/lib/cni/networks from host-local-net-dir (rw)
          /var/run/secrets/kubernetes.io/serviceaccount from kube-api-access-xt5gc (ro)
      install-cni:
        Container ID:  containerd://fb463a616118918e15fb7df37e5a9793f72cfdf11b5acc198d827d2e28adc6cc
        Image:         docker.io/calico/cni:v3.25.0
        Image ID:      docker.io/calico/cni@sha256:a38d53cb8688944eafede2f0eadc478b1b403cefeff7953da57fe9cd2d65e977
        Command:
          /opt/cni/bin/install
          Started:      Thu, 23 Feb 2023 01:51:08 +0000
          Finished:     Thu, 23 Feb 2023 01:51:09 +0000
        Environment:
          CNI_CONF_NAME:         10-calico.conflist
          CNI_NETWORK_CONFIG:    <set to the key 'cni_network_config' of config map 'calico-config'>  Optional: false
          KUBERNETES_NODE_NAME:   (v1:spec.nodeName)
          CNI_MTU:               <set to the key 'veth_mtu' of config map 'calico-config'>  Optional: false
          SLEEP:                 false
        Mounts:
          /host/etc/cni/net.d from cni-net-dir (rw)
          /host/opt/cni/bin from cni-bin-dir (rw)
      mount-bpffs:
        Container ID:  containerd://83ee8f9296724122a887b7a243054d84a20faccd87bbbec7c2e002de64685f28
        Image:         docker.io/calico/node:v3.25.0
        Image ID:      docker.io/calico/node@sha256:a85123d1882832af6c45b5e289c6bb99820646cb7d4f6006f98095168808b1e6
        Command:
          calico-node
          -init
          -best-effort
          Started:      Thu, 23 Feb 2023 01:51:10 +0000
          Finished:     Thu, 23 Feb 2023 01:51:10 +0000
        Environment:    <none>
        Mounts:
          /nodeproc from nodeproc (ro)
          /sys/fs from sys-fs (rw)
          /var/run/calico from var-run-calico (rw)
    Containers:
      calico-node:
        Container ID:   containerd://237ba58b6b9588797d49ee549ab3854212398451a4b4e52d9f23ab68e71ded7d
        Image:          docker.io/calico/node:v3.25.0
        Image ID:       docker.io/calico/node@sha256:a85123d1882832af6c45b5e289c6bb99820646cb7d4f6006f98095168808b1e6
        Port:           <none>
        Host Port:      <none>
        State:          Running
          Started:      Thu, 23 Feb 2023 01:51:11 +0000
        Ready:          False
        Requests:
          cpu:      250m
        Liveness:   exec [/bin/calico-node -felix-live -bird-live] delay=10s timeout=10s period=10s #success=1 #failure=6
        Readiness:  exec [/bin/calico-node -felix-ready -bird-ready] delay=0s timeout=10s period=10s #success=1 #failure=3
        Environment:
          DATASTORE_TYPE:                     kubernetes
          WAIT_FOR_DATASTORE:                 true
          NODENAME:                            (v1:spec.nodeName)
          CALICO_NETWORKING_BACKEND:          <set to the key 'calico_backend' of config map 'calico-config'>  Optional: false
          CLUSTER_TYPE:                       k8s,bgp
          IP:                                 autodetect
          CALICO_IPV4POOL_IPIP:               Always
          CALICO_IPV4POOL_VXLAN:              Never
          CALICO_IPV6POOL_VXLAN:              Never
          FELIX_IPINIPMTU:                    <set to the key 'veth_mtu' of config map 'calico-config'>  Optional: false
          FELIX_VXLANMTU:                     <set to the key 'veth_mtu' of config map 'calico-config'>  Optional: false
          FELIX_WIREGUARDMTU:                 <set to the key 'veth_mtu' of config map 'calico-config'>  Optional: false
          CALICO_DISABLE_FILE_LOGGING:        true
          FELIX_DEFAULTENDPOINTTOHOSTACTION:  ACCEPT
          FELIX_IPV6SUPPORT:                  false
          FELIX_HEALTHENABLED:                true
        Mounts:
          /host/etc/cni/net.d from cni-net-dir (rw)
          /lib/modules from lib-modules (ro)
          /run/xtables.lock from xtables-lock (rw)
          /sys/fs/bpf from bpffs (rw)
          /var/lib/calico from var-lib-calico (rw)
          /var/log/calico/cni from cni-log-dir (ro)
          /var/run/calico from var-run-calico (rw)
          /var/run/nodeagent from policysync (rw)
    Conditions:
      Type              Status
      Initialized       True
      Ready             False
      ContainersReady   False
      PodScheduled      True

Regarding the configuration of my nodes, I will review and get back to you, in the mean time, is there a glaring issue you see with this shared output?

• nicocerquera
    Options

Here is the second part:

Volumes:
      lib-modules:
        Type:          HostPath (bare host directory volume)
        Path:          /lib/modules
        HostPathType:
      var-run-calico:
        Path:          /var/run/calico
        HostPathType:
      var-lib-calico:
        Path:          /var/lib/calico
        HostPathType:
      xtables-lock:
        Path:          /run/xtables.lock
        HostPathType:  FileOrCreate
      sys-fs:
        Path:          /sys/fs/
        HostPathType:  DirectoryOrCreate
      bpffs:
        Path:          /sys/fs/bpf
        HostPathType:  Directory
      nodeproc:
        Path:          /proc
        HostPathType:
      cni-bin-dir:
        Path:          /opt/cni/bin
        HostPathType:
      cni-net-dir:
        Path:          /etc/cni/net.d
        HostPathType:
      cni-log-dir:
        Path:          /var/log/calico/cni
        HostPathType:
      host-local-net-dir:
        Path:          /var/lib/cni/networks
        HostPathType:
      policysync:
        Path:          /var/run/nodeagent
        HostPathType:  DirectoryOrCreate
      kube-api-access-xt5gc:
    Tolerations:                 :NoSchedule op=Exists
                                 :NoExecute op=Exists
                                 CriticalAddonsOnly op=Exists
                                 node.kubernetes.io/disk-pressure:NoSchedule op=Exists
                                 node.kubernetes.io/memory-pressure:NoSchedule op=Exists
                                 node.kubernetes.io/network-unavailable:NoSchedule op=Exists
                                 node.kubernetes.io/not-ready:NoExecute op=Exists
                                 node.kubernetes.io/pid-pressure:NoSchedule op=Exists
                                 node.kubernetes.io/unreachable:NoExecute op=Exists
                                 node.kubernetes.io/unschedulable:NoSchedule op=Exists
    Events:
      Type     Reason     Age                     From     Message
      ----     ------     ----                    ----     -------
      Warning  Unhealthy  2m16s (x9027 over 22h)  kubelet  (combined from similar events): Readiness probe failed: 2023-02-24 00:01:16.841 [INFO][228533] confd/health.go 180: Number of node(s) with BGP peering established = 0
    calico/node is not ready: BIRD is not ready: BGP not established with 10.163.0.108

• chrispokorni
    Options

Hi @nicocerquera,

The events point at a possible networking issues, so I'd take a close look at the video titled "Using AWS to Set Up the Lab Environment" from the introductory chapter.

Regards,
    -Chris

• nicocerquera
    Options

yeah I looked the AWS video description and it summarizes the set up that I have at the moment

• chrispokorni
    Options

Hi @nicocerquera,

Is the guest OS Ubuntu 20.04 LTS?

Regards,
    -Chris

• nicocerquera
    Options

yes

Distributor ID: Ubuntu
    Description:    Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS
    Release:        20.04
    Codename:       focal

• nicocerquera
    Options

Is there a way I can share my screen and someone can walk me though my issue, I am stuck here.

Also, can I continue with the other parts of the course if this lab doesn't work for me? I want to move forward but do not know how to...

• chrispokorni
    Options

Hi @nicocerquera,

Without a properly configured Kubernetes cluster, most of the following lab exercises will produce inconsistent results, or will simply not work at all.

If enrolled in a boot camp, I encourage you to join the Office Hour session dedicated to the LFS258 course from the boot camp, where the instructor can help you live to troubleshoot your cluster. The schedule of boot camp office hours (such as days of the week and times), and meeting access links can be found in the Logistics course of your boot camp.

Regards,
    -Chris

• nicocerquera
    Options

Thanks!

I will attend the bootcamp tomorrow.

Do I have to sign up for the live troubleshooting or, who does the hour of office hours gets allocated among multiple participants?

• chrispokorni
    Options

Hi @nicocerquera,

There is no need to sign up in advance.

Regards,
    -Chris

• nicocerquera
    Options

Hi Chris,

Here is what I got w.r.t the potential firewall configuration:

There is no vCenter firewall.  There is a basic firewall on ESXi host to control connections into and out of the hypervisor (e.g. NFS traffic, ICMP, web traffic on the management UI, etc).  There is no vSphere-related product in place to control traffic between guests/VMs.

Is that basic firewall what may be causing the issue?

Categories

Upcoming Training