Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

repo.maven.apache.org: Temporary failure in name resolution

Hi every one
in "Docker images" section in the lab part after I execute the pipeline I'm getting the below error in the console output of Jenkins.
any idea what is the reason for this error?

[ERROR] Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:2.6 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:jar:2.6: Could not transfer artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:pom:2.6 from/to central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2): repo.maven.apache.org: Temporary failure in name resolution: Unknown host repo.maven.apache.org: Temporary failure in name resolution -> [Help 1]

Comments

• Hi @almakldi, please provide the chapter number and the section name, so I can take a look at this.

Regards,
    Luis.

• @almakldi this looks like a network issue to me. Could be just a transient failure.

Are you behind a firewall, corporate network, connected to VPN by any chance ?

• @luisviveropena said:
    Hi @almakldi, please provide the chapter number and the section name, so I can take a look at this.

Regards,
    Luis.

chabter 9, lab 7 section

• @gouravshah said:
    @almakldi this looks like a network issue to me. Could be just a transient failure.

Are you behind a firewall, corporate network, connected to VPN by any chance ?

I checked it and the web URL is reachable normally.

• I would recommend you redo the setup once and try. Also, it would be quicker if you join my office hours on Mon/Tue as we could debug this live.

• Hi, I'm having the exact same problem on this part of Lab 7, what ended up being the problem in your case @almakldi ?

• @nsakkos said:
    Hi, I'm having the exact same problem on this part of Lab 7, what ended up being the problem in your case @almakldi ?

For anyone else experiencing a similar problem, it turned out to be a host setup problem, as I was using a different provider than google cloud. The VM I was doing the labs on was using dnsmasq, which caused dns resolution issues in containers launched from dind. The specific problem in this thread can be solved by defining your own network when launching the container, instead of using the default bridge network.

• Hi @nsakkos, thanks for the feedback!

Regards,
    Luis.

Categories

Upcoming Training