Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

I am seeing an error when running a command installing jenkins

I am running helm install --namespace ci --values jenkins.values.yaml jenkins jenkins/jenkins

I then see this error
Error: INSTALLATION FAILED: template: jenkins/templates/tests/test-config.yaml:1:14: executing "jenkins/templates/tests/test-config.yaml" at <.Values.controller.testEnabled>: nil pointer evaluating interface {}.testEnabled
and am not sure how to fix this

Answers

• Can anyone help with this as it is stopping me progressing the course?

• Looks like there is a new value added by the Jenkins Chart now. It requires it and is failing now since our values file does not have it. You could read about a similar issue here https://stackoverflow.com/questions/65790905/nil-pointer-evaluating-interface-when-installing-a-helm-chart.

@robsquire , I would suggest you to update jenkins.values.yaml to following,

controller:
      serviceType: NodePort
      resources:
        requests:
          cpu: "400m"
          memory: "512Mi"
        limits:
          cpu: "2000m"
          memory: "4096Mi"
      testEnabled: true

notice the testEnabled: true which was missing earlier. Let us know if this solves this problem.

• I have updated my jenkins.values.yaml file as shown but still see the same error Error: INSTALLATION FAILED: template: jenkins/templates/tests/test-config.yaml:1:14: executing "jenkins/templates/tests/test-config.yaml" at <.Values.controller.testEnabled>: nil pointer evaluating interface {}.testEnabled

Categories

Upcoming Training