Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

When the book finishes and the curse starts???

Hi, I started the course today, and I have only been reading since the start, just like a book... I paid for a course, and I was expecting video content, not a book... I already have lots of them.

So, can somebody tell me if there's video content at all or is all text based "course",?

Thanks.

Comments

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,887

Hi,

This is not a video-based course, and it was never advertised as one. A course can use various delivery methods, from text, to videos, to a mix, etc. Most content is text-based, along with lab exercises and demo videos. I hope this helps.

Regards,

Flavia

• jalba
    jalba Posts: 5

Well....

Includes
    Online, Self Paced
    50-60 Hours of Course Material
    Hands-on Labs & Assignments 1
    Video Content
    12 Months of Access to Online Course
    Digital Badge
    Discussion forums

That's how it is advertised.

But even if it's not mentioned, what you are selling is a course. Not a book.
    Nowadays you can have all kind of courses everywhere, including FREE courses in Youtube, Coursera, Udemy.... All of them VIDEO courses. Having to be reading from the screen, with a severe TDAH and dislexis IS NOT THE WAY TO TAKE AN ONLINE COURSE.

So you can imagine how disappointed I am, and even more if you consider that I purchased the bootcamp that includes this course in a sale, with the intention to star it later... Now I can't refund it. And will take me too long to finish, much MUCH more than I expected.

• jalba

Ah, and also disconnects me every 15/20 min. or so. The timeout is really badly adjusted

• fcioanca

Video content does not imply video-based course, it simply means that the course also contains videos. We are sorry to hear that this approach does not align with your preferred style of learning or that it makes the learning experience difficult - this does not mean that the course content is not valuable, it is simply a design choice, one of the many existing options (and there are many online training providers using a similar approach). The course itself as is follows accessibility guidelines.

You can open a ticket with the Customer Support team at trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org and work with them to see if you can get a refund - just explain to them the situation and the difficulties you are encountering, and they will work with you.

Kind regards,

Flavia

• jalba

Thank Flavia,

But before doing that, can you confirm if the rest of courses I purchased (in bundle and independent) works the same way??
    Here is a list of the courses I purchased (thinking they were video-based):

Essentials of Linux System Administration (LFS201)
    Linux Networking and Administration (LFS211)
    Introduction to Open Source Development, Git, and Linux (LFD201)
    Linux Security Fundamentals (LFS216)
    Containers Fundamentals (LFS253)
    DevOps and SRE Fundamentals (LFS261)
    Kubernetes Fundamentals (LFS258)

Thanks.

• fcioanca

LFS261 is the only one video-based (except lab exercises, which follow the same approach as LFS201). All other courses are very similar to LFS201.

• jalba

OK, I'll open a ticket with customer support.
    Thank you.

Categories

Upcoming Training