Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

How do I rum vmware-uninstall-tools.pl on Ubuntu?

Options
xarzu
xarzu Posts: 15

How do I rum vmware-uninstall-tools.pl on Ubuntu?

On a Windows 10 OS, I have been using VMware to set up a vitrual machine (because of some strange security concerns with the company, I can not use Hyper-V) and I am using Ubuntu as the OS for the virtual machine.

VMware requires that I run their file, "VMware Tools" and this is the result I get:

The installation of VMware Tools 10.3.23 build-16594550 for Linux completed successfully, you can decide to remove this software from your system at any time by invoking the following command: "/usr/bin/vmware-uninstall-tools.pl".

Before running VMware tools for the first time, you need to configure it by involing the following command: "/usr/bin/vmware-config-tools.pl". Do you want this program to invoke the command for you now? [yes]

INPUT: [yes] default

sh: 1: /usr/bin/vmware-config-tools.pl: Permission denied Enjoy,

--the VMware Team

Despite this snaky tone, this is the actual message I get after running the vmware-tools file.

Then when I try running vmware-config-tools.pl, I get a "Permission denied" message. Please advise or ask any clarifying questions. Is there a way to debug Perl? Would that help?

Categories

Upcoming Training