Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Lab 5.5 Domain Review - clnt_create: RPC: Program not registered

Options

Hi after running the CreateNSF.sh script multiple times I am no longer able to create the NFS folder between the master and the worker node.
Failed on the clnt_create: RPC: Program not registered error.

How can I resolve this?

Answers

• chrispokorni
    chrispokorni Posts: 2,177
    Options

Hi @liorzivi,

For the review section there is no need to re-run the CreateNFS.sh script and the additional configuration steps on the worker node. Running them all just once as instructed in the lab guide is sufficient to have the NFS server running on the control plane node, exported and then mounted by the worker node. The shell script makes changes to the to the control plane host's file system and the /etc/exports file as well.

Cleaning up the files created in the control plane node, any subdirectories, /etc/exports entries (not the entire file), and uninstalling the NFS server package installed earlier may help. Keep in mind that several configuration steps were run on the worker node, and unmounting the NFS file system and uninstalling packages may be required on the worker node as well.

The cleanup will adversely impact all the PVs created with the NFS plugin, and will remove all data stored on these PVs.

After a complete cleanup a new NFS installation and configuration is required. However, the cleanup process

Regards,
    -Chris

• zite
    zite Posts: 11
    Options

Hi, I'm having the same issue:
    Failed on the clnt_create: RPC: Program not registered error.

I read your answer, but I cannot understand what you mean by "..uninstalling the NFS server package installed earlier may help."
    I cannot find NFS server package installed earlier..
    Can you help me with it?

• zite
    zite Posts: 11
    Options

Hi, sorry for the above question.
    I looked at the 'CreateNFS.sh' script and realized you meant uninstalling the 'nfs-kernel-server'.
    Now it is working again!!

Categories

Upcoming Training