Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

ubuntu spyware

Options
matsaa93
matsaa93 Posts: 1
edited March 2015 in Linux Security

i have been using ubuntu for a few years now and i started to look in what the prosesses do. by sort of ment that i search for the prosess name and to see if i rely needed it. when i came over the prosess that was called zeitgest and the prosesses that is a logging prosess and spyware? akkording to this thred How to remove Zeitgeist in Ubuntu and why

is this tru in that meens that ubuntu has an preinstalled 'spyware' for amazone?

1 thing to remark i removed the package it was a litle bit tricky when you try to remove the zeitgeist by

sudo apt-get remove zeitgeist

it always tryed to remove essential software even vlc was suggested to be removed as i consider an wery odd behavior.

and when i manage to remove it without removing the unity desktop

sudo apt-get purge oneconf popularity-contest unity-scope-musicstores deja-dup libfreerdp1 remmina remmina-common vino remmina-plugin-rdp remmina-plugin-vnc activity-log-manager-common python-zeitgeist activity-log-manager-control-center rhythmbox-plugin-zeitgeist unity-lens-video unity-scope-video-remote zeitgeist zeitgeist-core zeitgeist-datahub

sudo apt-get autoremove

it ended up with freeing up some were betwen 200mb to 400 mb of sys memory or the prosess cold have used more but i am not sertent of that and arond 20 mb of free'd disk space.

but any way is there any claim to this things i have red online about this zeitgeist?

if sow i think it is not good

any way

thanks

Categories

Upcoming Training