Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Error running port-forward: unable to listen on any of the requested ports: [{50750 8084}] for linke

sfirdaus
sfirdaus Posts: 8
edited February 2022 in LFS258 Class Forum

Facing Issue in Chapter Ingress Labs Exercise. Below is the error

Error running port-forward: unable to listen on any of the requested ports: [{50750 8084}] for linkerd-viz/web-9788466f-j957t
Check for linkerd dashboard running in other terminal sessions, or use the --port flag.

Can someone help here, What am I missing?

Answers

• Hi @sfirdaus,

Where are you running your Kubernetes cluster - which cloud or which local hypervisor?

Do you have traffic enabled to all ports, from all sources, all protocols? This could be enabled either at the cloud level (VPC, firewall rules, Security Groups, ...), at the hypervisor level, and/or at the guest VM OS level.

Regards,
    -Chris

• Hi @chrispokorni I am running on AWS instance with all traffic open to internet..

• This was because I was trying to access to different port. I think the document needs to be changed and told to use the port edited in the file. It misleads learners

• And in Lab 13.3 , How to fetch the helm repo? I am finding it hard to just fetch a repo from artifacthub

• chrispokorni
    chrispokorni Posts: 2,153
    edited February 2022

Hi @sfirdaus,

Once on artifacthub.io you can simply search for the kubernetes-dashboard repository, select the one by ORG: Helm and REPO: k8s-dashboard, and follow the commands presented to add the repo to your helm client and to install the chart.

Regards,
    -Chris

Categories

Upcoming Training