Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Lab's PDF files not loading followed by 408 error

Options

Hi everyone!

I'm wondering if someone else is facing the same issue as I do.

When I'm doing the course using my notebook running Ubuntu 20.04, I got an error when accessing the Lab sections of the chapter.

Generally, the Labs from the couple chapters I do for the day works good but then on the next the issue happens.

Browser tries to load the PDF content but after a while, a pop-up with an error is displayed:

If I reload the page, as the pop-up suggests I get a 408 (timeout) error:

Therefore, I cannot access any course content or navigate to any Linux Foundation's page unless I clear the browser cache.

This is really frustrating since I have to do it frequently and recent course progress is lost !!

I tried to use Chrome and Firefox, be sure they are updated as the system packages as well but the issue happen on both browsers.

I noticed the same issue doesn't happen if doing the course from a Windows machine : (

If someone else faced the same and has a solution for this problem, I'll really appreciate you sharing.

Thanks!

Comments

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,904
    Options

Hi @vnascimento ,

We are sorry to hear you are having problems with this. You can download all labs in one pdf from the Resources tab in the Menu.

Regards,

Flavia

The Linux Foundation Training Team

• vnascimento
    Options

Hi @fcioanca ,

Yes, I know PDF containing all the Labs can be downloaded from the Resources section, but, it is not a real solution for the problem is it?

Please try to reproduce the behavior on your side and look for a fix.

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,904
    Options

Hi @vnascimento ,

We have tried unsuccessfully to reproduce this error. There could be various reasons for a 408 error, including internet connection.

Regards,
    Flavia

Categories

Upcoming Training