Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Lab 2- Certificate Authority Operations | "/bin/bash": stat /bin/bash: no such file or directory

Options

Currently working on Lab 2 with Ubuntu-pro 20.04 LTS with HLF 2.2.4 1.5.2.

Edited docker-compose.yml for Lab-2 to exec ca-server from bash, I'm facing the error

"ERROR: for ca.org1.example.com Cannot start service ca.org1.example.com: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:380: starting container process caused: exec: "/bin/bash": stat /bin/bash: no such file or directory: unknown"

cli, peer & Orderer containers runs as expected but ca fails. Attached screenshots.

Regards,
Uday

Answers

• Bobbijn
    Bobbijn Posts: 190
    Options

@udayakarthickr, Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this. A suggested first step is to take down and restart the Fabric CA container. Also, make sure you have the correct version of the Fabric CA image from Docker Hub, the versions are listed in Lab 1. Keep on Learning! Bobbi

• udayakarthickr
    Options

Thanks @Bobbijn . The course specified version works just fine! . I'm just trying to use latest versions while learning. Please let me know if you have anything on this.

• Bobbijn
    Options

@udayakarthickr, Great news. To keep up to date with the latest with Fabric you can join the Fabric maintainers mailing here:
    https://lists.hyperledger.org/g/fabric
    Or if you have a direct question just email the group here:
    fabric@lists.hyperledger.org
    If you want the current documentation and Working Group efforts please explore the public Wiki page found here:
    https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric.

Bobbi

• jeanroch
    Options

@udayakarthickr, probably the "bash" binarie is not present in the container.
    You can try to replace it by "/bin/sh" or simply "sh" to check if my assumption is right

• Bobbijn
    Options

@udayakarthickr , Thanks for this information.

Categories

Upcoming Training