Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Course lab requirements

Hi,

I just started the course and wanted to ask about the required lab environment that is needed as it's not exactly clear from the course introduction. Since the introductory videos for both Google Cloud and AWS setup include creating two instances, I assume we should ideally have two virtual machines ready for this course?

I have a couple of Linux machines at my disposal so I may be able to set everything on them without resorting to cloud services, but I just wanted to check if these are indeed the requirements for this course's lab assignment.

I apologize in advance if this is covered in more detail sometime later in the course material, but I just wanted to make sure I'm properly set up before I dive in.

Thanks

Comments

• chrispokorni
    chrispokorni Posts: 2,155

Hi @vbeljan,

The Overview section of Lab Exercise 3.1 outlines the recommended VM sizes for cloud and local instances. If deciding on local VMs, I would suggest a single bridged network device for each VM, and ensure that your VMs' IP addresses managed by the hypervisor do not overlap with the Pod IP range managed by the CNI network plugin found in Lab 3.1 Step 10 and then again in Step 13.

Regards,
    -Chris

• vbeljan
    vbeljan Posts: 5

@chrispokorni Many thanks!

Categories

Upcoming Training