Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Introduction

Hi Team
I am Deepak Ramegowda I have applied for a mentorship program on Expose and manage PCI device reset. I am a systematic, organized, hardworking and dedicated individual with an analytical mind with the right academic credentials. I have completed B.E in Electronics and Communication Engineering from Adichunchangiri Institute of Technology, India.
I am currently pursuing my Master’s in computer science (MSc) at Saint Francis Xavier University (Thesis) in Embedded systems and Machine Learning, Canada Antigonish Nova Scotia.
In India with 5+ years of experience across Design & Development using Embedded Android Linux Security Features, C, RTOS Product Development.

This mentorship program will help me explore the possibility of getting expertise on the PCI subsystem and contribute to the Linux Kernel with higher responsibilities.
Thanks in advance for sparing your time. I would appreciate an opportunity provided to learn under your Guidance.

Thanking you.
Yours Sincerely
Deepak R

Comments

• Heyo Deepak,

I am trying to learn Block driver. However i got overwhelmed with various available options, may u suggest some pointers to start ?(sourabhsagar7601@gmail.com)

• ShuahKhanLF
    ShuahKhanLF Posts: 146

Look at Virtio block driver code. drivers/block/virtio_blk.c
    It is a small contained driver and easier to understand block driver concepts and play with it in quem/kvm env.
    config VIRTIO_BLK
    tristate "Virtio block driver"
    depends on VIRTIO
    help
    This is the virtual block driver for virtio. It can be used with
    QEMU based VMMs (like KVM or Xen). Say Y or M.

Categories

Upcoming Training