Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Install RHEL7 Server from cli help

n0nuf2
n0nuf2 Posts: 2
edited January 2015 in Red Hat Enterprise

Hello. I am already booted into RHEL 7 ENT x64. Is there a way using the install media to trigger a NEW install from the existing CLI without rebooting and using the media? There were ways to do this with a CHROOT environment in Gentoo. I need to re-run hardware identification and then come to the GUI install, install, and then and only then reboot computer. I am basically trying to reinstall the current install using the hardware on the current computer and update all install configurations. I have booted into CLI from USB boot media that was created on another hardware platform. I don't mind CHROOTING and running grub2-install /dev/sdc and Grub2-mkconfig to reset the boot volume. Long story. Can it be done? How is it done? What files/images from the distort DVD are used and in what manner. This is a simple full functional USB install with /, Boot, SWAP. Total space 64GB USB3.

V/r,

Scott - n0nuf

Comments

• n0nuf2
    n0nuf2 Posts: 2
    Link to this post 1 minute ago
    Hello. I am already booted into RHEL 7 ENT x64. Is there a way using the install media to trigger a NEW install from the existing CLI without rebooting and using the media? There were ways to do this with a CHROOT environment in Gentoo. I need to re-run hardware identification and then come to the GUI install, install, and then and only then reboot computer. I am basically trying to reinstall the current install using the hardware on the current computer and update all install configurations. I have booted into CLI from USB boot media that was created on another hardware platform. I don't mind CHROOTING and running grub2-install /dev/sdc and Grub2-mkconfig to reset the boot volume. Long story. Can it be done? How is it done? What files/images from the distort DVD are used and in what manner. This is a simple full functional USB install with /, Boot, SWAP. Total space 64GB USB3.

V/r,
    Scott - n0nuf

Categories

Upcoming Training