Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

LFS263 - Lab Updates (8.20.2020)

Hello!

The Lab VM image and the lab exercises for LFS263 have been updated. Please follow the instructions in the course (available both in the introductory chapter as well as in the lab exercises) to download the new VM image.
Thank you for your patience while we worked to resolve this issue, which was due to changes upstream.

Regards,
Flavia
The Linux Foundation Training Team

Comments

• How I can get the VM image, I filled the google form mentioned in the course 3 days ago, but didnot receive any image yet.

• By the way, I am doing this training from LMS https://www.quickstart.com/learning/

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,886

Please proceed with the lab exercises. Once you start installing ONAP, you will see that you have access to the image already.

• Hi Amar,

Thanks for your clarification. I got onto GCP console finally (as per your LAB 4.1), however, I do not see the following as per the handout:

In my GCP console, I do not see ;

However, I do see:

Is your lab handout outdated and needs to be revised? I have the option of creating a new FW rule, though.

But I am confused on how to proceed?

Any and all guidance will be highly appreciated.

NOTE: I also did not see:

Quotas -> us-central1>

My console only shows:

IAM & admin -> Quotas

and then 09 Compute Engine API's starting from "subnetworks" and ending at "queries per day".

Thanks very much.
    Aziz S. Islam.

• Hello Aziz,

The GCP console options seem to have changed from the time they were captured in the document. In order to do the same operation, please create a new Firewall rule, Allowing the Ingress traffic on TCP ports 443,5000. This will have the same effect. as what is documented.

For Quotas, you should see CPUs and Local SSD options, which can be used by all users to increase quotes. We do see these options. Please check with GCP support team if there is any restriction on increasing resources.

-Sriram

@azizislam said:
    Hi Amar,

Thanks for your clarification. I got onto GCP console finally (as per your LAB 4.1), however, I do not see the following as per the handout:

In my GCP console, I do not see ;

However, I do see:

Is your lab handout outdated and needs to be revised? I have the option of creating a new FW rule, though.

But I am confused on how to proceed?

Any and all guidance will be highly appreciated.

NOTE: I also did not see:

Quotas -> us-central1>

My console only shows:

IAM & admin -> Quotas

and then 09 Compute Engine API's starting from "subnetworks" and ending at "queries per day".

Thanks very much.
    Aziz S. Islam.

• Thanks Sriram for your update....appreciated!!!

Aziz
    CCIE R/S # 7074

• lrbdq
    lrbdq Posts: 3

GCP is automatically refusing my requests to increase my us-central1 CPUs quota (compute.googleapis.com/cpus) from 8 to 96, or even 32. Hence I cannot proceed with the training.
    Did anyone face the same? Did you manage to have quota increased?

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,886

You can reach out to the GCP support team to see if they will increase the quota.

• lrbdq

@fcioanca said:
    You can reach out to the GCP support team to see if they will increase the quota.

On it. There are 2 quotas to increase apparently, as we cross both thresholds:

• CPUs (all regions): 12 > 96
    • CPUs (uscentral1): 8 > 96

I raised again the request to support guys, following the advice from the sales representative.
    The sales guy was a bit shocked that we were supposed to use these big numbers of CPUs on free tier accounts and wasn't convinced it would be approved, but let's give it a try.

• lrbdq

@lrbdq said:

@fcioanca said:

On it. There are 2 quotas to increase apparently, as we cross both thresholds:

• CPUs (all regions): 12 > 96
    • CPUs (uscentral1): 8 > 96

I raised again the request to support guys, following the advice from the sales representative.
    The sales guy was a bit shocked that we were supposed to use these big numbers of CPUs on free tier accounts and wasn't convinced it would be approved, but let's give it a try.

Hi,

GCP support team refused to increase the quota.
    How can I now proceed with the training?

BR,
    Luis

• Hi Team, @fcioanca
    one other question. I am in Duesseldorf, Germany, should I really edit the quota for US-central1 - shouldn't it be europe-west3, since my GCP instance would be best managed from there?
    Or is there another reason to select US-central1?

Thanks in advance, kind regards
    Roberto

• Hello @fcioanca
    Is there any alternative for this Lab setup in GCE so we can go through this course? I suppose we need to use the image provided from Aarna Networks and the only way seems to execute it in GCE.
    Please let us know, or if we need to go for a paying GCE subscription to continue this course.

Regards

Categories

Upcoming Training