Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Lab4:Error: could not assemble transaction, err proposal response was not successful, error code 500

Options

In lab 4 when I am trying to instantiate the chaincode or smart contract I am getting the below error .

Error: could not assemble transaction, err proposal response was not successful, error code 500, msg error starting container: error starting container: API error (500): Could not attach to network startFiles_basic: rpc error: code = NotFound desc = network startFiles_basic not found

Comments

• Niklaskkkk
    Niklaskkkk Posts: 113
    Options

@Shyam472176 said:
    In lab 4 when I am trying to instantiate the chaincode or smart contract I am getting the below error .

Error: could not assemble transaction, err proposal response was not successful, error code 500, msg error starting container: error starting container: API error (500): Could not attach to network startFiles_basic: rpc error: code = NotFound desc = network startFiles_basic not found

Hi @Shyam472176 ,

This is probably due to a mismatch between the network from the startup script as what it sat as channel name. Try a "peer channel list" to see the name of the channel thre. Might be that it should not be "startFiles" with a large F.
    Another possible solution; so try to change the parameter in the docker-compose file (to a small f):

CORE_VM_DOCKER_HOSTCONFIG_NETWORKMODE=starfiles_basic

Then restard the network

• Shyam472176
    Options

@Niklaskkkk Thank you very much for your reply . The channel name is same as allarewelcome.
    The issue got resolved after setting the CORE_VM_DOCKER_HOSTCONFIG_NETWORKMODE=starfiles_basic in docker-compose file and starting or recreating them again .

Do you know where exactly the this setting will be placed like what is the file name inside the ubantu container for the peers.

Categories

Upcoming Training