Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

CentOS or Ubuntu?

Hi

First of all I did look for this in the forum but didn't quite find an answer. I'm new to Linux and I work in Telecom but I don't have anything at work that's Linux.

So my question is what should I choose to take for the final test? Ubuntu or CentOS

I've been researching job sites to see what distribution they describe for (find quite a bit more CentOS (RedHat) than Ubuntu). I've looked in forums but there is no like a clear path so was wondering what people in here think and is choosing? And what advice would it be there for a newbie to pick? Thanks!

Best Answer

• luisviveropena
    luisviveropena Posts: 1,144
    Answer ✓

Hi @mainormainor ,

First thing to know is that you need to learn both systems. So, first learn both, and then see what you like most, or you feel more comfortable, then you know what to choose for the exam. But that's only for the exam, because in the real life you will encounter not that only one.

Many regards,
    Luis.

Answers

• @luisviveropena said:
    Hi @mainormainor ,

First thing to know is that you need to learn both systems. So, first learn both, and then see what you like most, or you feel more comfortable, then you know what to choose for the exam. But that's only for the exam, because in the real life you will encounter not that only one.

Many regards,
    Luis.

Thank you very much!

• luisviveropena
    luisviveropena Posts: 1,144

You are welcome!

Many regards,
    Luis.

Categories

Upcoming Training