Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

We start today with the office hours!

Options

Hi all, I'm Luis Vivero and I'll be one of the instructors in the bootcamp.

We start today with Linux Basics (LFS201)! The meeting will be by Zoom at 10 am Central Time, and you should have already the information to connect.

I'll do my best to answer your questions, and I think we can start by the basic stuff about the course, answering doubts, etc.

See you soon!

Luis.

Comments

• northway
    northway Posts: 1
    edited June 2020
    Options

Hi!

"Central Time" means Central Time North America or Central European Time?

I found the answer in a different topic: Central Time North America

• luisviveropena
    luisviveropena Posts: 1,155
    Options

Hi @northway ,

Yeah, its Central Time North America. You can see it here:

https://time.is/es/CT

Regards,
    Luis.

• Aygun20
    Aygun20 Posts: 5
    Options

Hi, I can't find information how to connect to meeting.

• luisviveropena
    Options

Hi @Aygun20 ,

The information is in the welcome email.

Regards,
    Luis.

• Aygun20
    Options

@luisviveropena said:
    Hi @Aygun20 ,

The information is in the welcome email.

Regards,
    Luis.

I have got Linux Foundation Order email where I registered to exams, but didn't get any welcome email.

• luisviveropena
    Options

Can you search an email with subject "Welcome to the Linux Foundation Cloud Engineer Bootcamp", please?

If you don't find it, please send me a message with your email (the same you registered).

Regards,
    Luis.

• Aygun20
    Options

I have registered to the exams, I also have an access to portal. I checked my email but there is no welcome email.

• fxgallo
    fxgallo Posts: 8
    Options

Hello @Aygun20,
    I found the Zoom links and passwords in an email I received early yesterday morning, with the Subject: "Welcome to the Linux Foundation Cloud Engineer Bootcamp." Check your email once more, as the Zoom information came in a separate email from the Order email. If OK with @luisviveropena, I could post those details in this forum.

• luisviveropena
    Options

Hi @Aygun20 , I just sent you a message (like an "inbox").

Regards,
    Luis.

• Aygun20
    Options

@fxgallo said:
    Hello @Aygun20,
    I found the Zoom links and passwords in an email I received early yesterday morning, with the Subject: "Welcome to the Linux Foundation Cloud Engineer Bootcamp." Check your email once more, as the Zoom information came in a separate email from the Order email. If OK with @luisviveropena, I could post those details in this forum.

Thank you for the information! I haven't received that email. I checked my spam folder too.

• luisviveropena
    Options

Hi @Aygun20 , I'm working on this, please give me some minutes.

Hi @fxgallo , I'm unsure that we can do that. But I'm already working on the access for Aygun20.

Regards,
    Luis.

• fxgallo
    Options

Hi @luisviveropena, Yes, understood; that's why I held off posting those details until I could hear definitively from you.
    Thanks, Frank

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,909
    Options

Hi @fxgallo

Since this is a public forum, we cannot post those credentials here. Assistance with this can be provided by our Customer Service Team, at training@linuxfoundation.org.

Thank you,
    Flavia
    The Linux Foundation Training Team

• chrisfeig
    chrisfeig Posts: 32
    Options

one problem with providing office hours in blocks (e.g. foundations for 8 weeks, then networking for say 8weeks, etc), is that it is less flexible for a self-paced course i.e. we might be all over the place in a few months time - some studying foundations, some doing devops, etc. But it seems like basically everyone is going to be doing foundations for the first 4-8 weeks at least, and very few if anyone doing the other courses in that time, so maybe to get off to the best start possible that block at least could be assigned to this course

• fxgallo
    Options

Hello @fcioanca,
    Yes, understood. Thank you for your message. -Frank

• smachado87
    Options

Hi Luis, there will be a recording available of today sesion? I wasn't able to particpate but I was interested.

• luisviveropena
    Options

Hi @smachado87 , I asked and we won't record sessions.

I hope you can join tomorrow.

Many regards!
    Luis.

• justFahad
    justFahad Posts: 2
    Options

Hi @luisviveropena
    I haven't received any email regarding zoom meetings.

• luisviveropena
    Options

Hi @justFahad ,

Please look for an email with subject "Welcome to the Linux Foundation Cloud Engineer Bootcamp".

Regards,
    Luis.

• pathatim77
    Options

Hi Luis, quick question on the structure of the 10.am meets. Given that I registered late and won't be able to attend this week, how are they structured? Is there a timetable/ list of topics that will be covered before hand or are the meetings like a Q&A forum? Thanks.

• luisviveropena
    Options

Hi @pathatim77 ,

We don't have a structucture for all the web conferences, but we are doing the following:

1.- Q/A during the first part.
    2.- We do about two labs that we agreed the past session.
    3.- We agree what we're gonna do next session.

Many regards!
    Luis.

Categories

Upcoming Training