Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

CentOS/Ubuntu

As part of the registration process there was a choice between CentOS and Ubuntu for the exams. Does this selection effect the content that is delivered at all, and can this option be changed if desired?

I've just reached the end of Section 2, which contains the lesson "Demo: Main Consumers of Storage on CentOS", so I was wondering if Ubuntu would otherwise have appeared here.

Also, are virtual disk images for CentOS and/or Ubuntu available?

Thanks.

Comments

• luisviveropena
    luisviveropena Posts: 1,153

Hi @chrisfeig , welcome!

1.- Your choice won't change the content that's delivered. In fact, in Chapter 5 you will see content related to Package Managemnt Systems, and Chapter 7 is about DPKG.

2.- Yes, we offer vm images for CentOS and Ubuntu. I understand you should have received information about it, but you can find them here:

https://training.linuxfoundation.org/cm/VIRTUAL_MACHINE_IMAGES/

Many regards!
    Luis.

• luisviveropena

Duplicated.

• owenpkent
    owenpkent Posts: 6

would you recommend using ubuntu 18 or 20?

• luisviveropena

Hi @owenpkent , as Ubuntu 18.04 LTS is what you'll have in the exam (if you choose Ubuntu instead CentOS), I'd suggest using 18.04 instead 20.

Regards,
    Luis.

• heiko_s
    heiko_s Posts: 99

During the exam, will we be solely using the terminal or do we also have to interact with a GUI?

Reason I'm asking is because I have a hard time using any gnome like GUI (the one that was designed for tablets, but I'm sitting at an actual PC).

• luisviveropena

Hi @heiko_s ,

I understand we can't talk much about exam details (because we don't manage the exam stuff), but I think I can mention some very few technical things about it in the session, like the importance of using tmux.

Regards,
    Luis.

• coop
    coop Posts: 915

If you want to be real sure, ask the certification people, but AFAIK all certification exams are command line based on cloud virtual machines. And the domains and competencies never mention anything GUI :)

• heiko_s
    heiko_s Posts: 99

Thanks for the answers. That will help.

Categories

Upcoming Training