Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Lab2 - Expanding our organization members - pulling genesis block for peer1 issue

pull the genesis block for the current channel we would like to append our peer to.
peer channel fetch oldest ​allarewelcome​.​block​ -​c​​ allarewelcome​ --​orderer​​orderer.example.com:7050

There is a allarewelcome​.tx in the config folder but not a allarewelcome​.​block​

It gives the following error
Error: can't read the block: &{NOT_FOUND}

I have checked the peer0 also using command
peer channel list

But it too is not joined to any channel.

The tutorial mentions that this will be done by bootstrap.sh

I had stopped all containers and restart them using the command
docker-compose -f docker-compose.yml up -d peer0.org1.example.com peer1.org1.example.com cli

Answers

• Niklaskkkk
    Niklaskkkk Posts: 113

@milangarg said:
    pull the genesis block for the current channel we would like to append our peer to.
    peer channel fetch oldest ​allarewelcome​.​block​ -​c​​ allarewelcome​ --​orderer​​orderer.example.com:7050

There is a allarewelcome​.tx in the config folder but not a allarewelcome​.​block​

It gives the following error
    Error: can't read the block: &{NOT_FOUND}

I have checked the peer0 also using command
    peer channel list

But it too is not joined to any channel.

The tutorial mentions that this will be done by bootstrap.sh

I had stopped all containers and restart them using the command
    docker-compose -f docker-compose.yml up -d peer0.org1.example.com peer1.org1.example.com cli

Hi @milangarg , first I would recommend to use the teardown script of your network, since you are in Lab2. Then when you run the startup script again.

Regarding the block, the tx artifact will be generated in the config folder, but the allarewelcome.block will not. You have to extract that from inside the peer container from the orderer, as described in the documents. After completed, try to log into the peer container and do an LS, then you should see the allarewelcome.block

• @milangarg Did you find any solution? I am stuck with same error, tried everything no luck :(

• @moolkothari said:
    @milangarg Did you find any solution? I am stuck with same error, tried everything no luck :(

Hi @moolkothari, what worked for me is to first execute the command for creating the channel:
    docker exec -e "CORE_PEER_LOCALMSPID=Org1MSP" -e "CORE_PEER_MSPCONFIGPATH=/etc/hyperledger/msp/users/Admin@org1.example.com/msp" peer0.org1.example.com peer channel create -o orderer.example.com:7050 -c allarewelcome -f /etc/hyperledger/configtx/allarewelcome.tx as this transaction file already exists from the installation. This would create the channel.
    Then go back into your peer1 container to fetch the channel's genesis block:
    peer channel fetch oldest -c allarewelcome --orderer orderer.example.com:7050
    (make sure your msp is set correctly)

Now that you have the genesis block, you can join the channel:
    peer channel join -b allarewelcome_oldest.block

Hope this helps.

Categories

Upcoming Training