Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Hi there

Options

I am Pablo, living in Norway. Happy to finally be able to channel my IT passion through Linux and this challenging boot camp. Doing this, at the Linux Foundation, is like playing in the Premier League. Let me know if I can help you with anything. Don't give up!
I wish all the best to my fellow students.
P.

Comments

• luisviveropena
    luisviveropena Posts: 1,155
    Options

Hi Pablo, welcome!

Manmy regards.
    Luis.

• jamesFdavis
    Options

Hello!

I am glad to be here and look forward to the journey. I just got my GCP Compute instance setup with Ubuntu 20.x and it looks to be good to go.

• luisviveropena
    Options

Hi James,

It looks like your system is up to date! I still haven't updated to 20.04, I think I'm gonna wait for a couple of months yet, just in case, hehehe.

Regards,
    Luis.

• fjmorris
    fjmorris Posts: 1
    Options

Hi Luis, James, & Pablo!

I am glad to join you in this program. I just setup my Ubuntu 20.x on VirtualBox on my mac. I will look into setting up an instance on AWS and/or GCP later. But for now, I can begin to go through the material.

Hope to meet you all during office hours!

Florence

• luisviveropena
    Options

Hi Florence, welcome to the bootcamp! So, it seems you are getting ready to start :)

Many regards,
    Luis.

• Warren67
    Warren67 Posts: 8
    Options

Hi everyone!
    I am Warren from Canada. Installed Ubuntu 18.04 over the weekend as i have never used Ubuntu before and it is the version for the exam. Need work on my skills so taking the 101 course the last week. This looks very challenging but i am tenacious.

Regards,
    Warren

• luisviveropena
    Options

Hi @Warren67, welcome!

Yeah, it's pretty important that you get hands on Ubuntu 18.04 (if you are gonna choose the distro for the exam). The sooner the better :)

Regards,
    Luis.

• abreedy
    abreedy Posts: 3
    Options

Good day everyone
    My name is Alex Breedy from Ecuador. Currently, I'm living in Oregon, US and working as a System Admin for a community college. I'm so exited to start this boot camp.
    Exitos

• luisviveropena
    Options

Hi Alex, welcome! It's nice you are able to help a community college, as it involves a social rol.

Many regards,
    Luis.

• MouhamadouGueye
    Options

Hi there,
    I am Mouhamadou from France, I am pleased to be part of this bootcamp. I have a question regarding the schedule Should finish the bootcamp in 6 months or it is self-paced? I am software developer who want switch in devops, so I would like to my full-time job follow this bootcamp.
    What are the conditions to get the cloud engineer bootcamp badges, should finished all the courses or passed the exam?

Thank you in advance
    Mouhamadou

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,909
    Options

Hi Mouhamadou,

You have six months from the moment you purchased the bootcamp to finish the courses (which are self-paced) and take the exams. You do this at your own pace within those 6 months of access. In order to successfully complete the bootcamp and receive the bootcamp badge, you will need to pass the CKA exam. If you complete all the courses and pass both LFCS and CKA, you will also get badges for each of the courses you completed and for the exams you passed.

Good luck and happy learning!
    Flavia
    The Linux Foundation Training Team

Categories

Upcoming Training