Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Terminal multiplexer in the test environment

Options

Just attempted the test (that should tell you how I did). As with my previous certification run, I used screen in the test environment. This is really valuable just to be able to type a command and have the man page up where I can refer to it with a couple of keystrokes. The first time I certified I did actually copy and paste something from one screen to another with screen's copy/paste function. There was, however, one point this time where it seemed like the ctrl-A+esc sequence was not working correctly because it seemed like the scrollback and/or copy to buffer functions were not working. I'm not entirely sure because shortly after that I did something silly and my session locked up. (I'm not that upset because I'm pretty sure I was on track to fail anyway.)
My question is: is screen supported in the test environment? Or is tmux supported if screen isn't?

Comments

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,909
    Options

If this question is related to the LFCS exam, please direct it to certificationsupport@linuxfoundation.org, and they should be able to assist you with exam-related questions. Thank you!

Categories

Upcoming Training