Welcome to the new Linux Foundation Forum!

Exercise 4.1: Examining Signal Priorities and Execution

Hello,

I was hoping that someone could assist me with this lab.
I have no idea how to do this.
I have installed gcc on my Ubuntu 18.04 but have never performed such a task.
I am fairly new to LINUX still and am willing to read / study up even if someone could point me in the correct direction.
Thanks

Comments

• Hi,

Have you downloaded file signals.c ? Just put the file into a directory, saying "/home/your_user/Documents/LFS201/Labs/".

Then, in the terminal, go to /home/your_user/Documents/LFS201/Labs/, by doing "cd /home/your_user/Documents/LFS201/Labs/ ". Once in there, just do what's in the lab file:

gcc -o signals signals.c
    ./signals

The first line will compile the source file, and generate an executable file, called "signals". The second line will run the executable and will give an output.

I hope that helps.

Regards,
    Luis.

• Thanks Luis,
    I didn't think about having to be in the same directory as the downloaded signals.c file.
    It worked perfectly. I am still very new to Linux so I will have to examine the outcome to understand what it did some more now but so happy that it worked.
    Thank you once again for your time.

• It's a pleasure!

Enjoy the course :)

Luis.

• Where do I get the download you are talking about? Thanks in advance!

• coopcoop Posts: 341

https://training.linxufoundation.org/cm/LFS201

use the user name and password in the book

• I do not have a book. The username/password I use to access the class is not working for the download. Sorry to be so much trouble!

• fcioancafcioanca Posts: 362

If you are taking the online course, the username and password for online resources is found in the intro chapter, under Course Resources.