Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Please help troubleshooting my connection

Hello, I'm having an issue regarding speed that I'm not sure how to address.

Basically there are many (almost daily) power outages where I live and sometimes when power goes out and comes back my internet speed is decent (I pay for 10mbps and get around 9) but some other times power comes back and my speed is at 0.9 to 1.6mpbs at best.

I'm not even sure if there's something I should be checking on my side of things or if this is purely my ISP's fault. Either way I'd like to understand more about it, how is it possible for it to change so drastically (10x the difference) just by power coming and going.

I don't change anything when speed picks up so I assume there's nothing I can do on my end but anyway sheding some light on the problem always helps. My network consists solely of a modem that provides WLAN, using Ethernet doesn't change a thing.
Thanks

Comments

• @moseskhan said:
    Hello, I'm having an issue regarding speed that I'm not sure how to address.

Basically there are many (almost daily) power outages where I live and sometimes when power goes out and comes back my internet speed is decent (I pay for 10mbps and get around 9) but some other times power comes back and my speed is at 0.9 to 1.6mpbs at best. https://discord.software/

I'm not even sure if there's something I should be checking on my side of things or if this is purely my ISP's fault. Either way I'd like to understand more about it, how is it possible for it to change so drastically (10x the difference) just by power coming and going.FetLife vshare

I don't change anything when speed picks up so I assume there's nothing I can do on my end but anyway sheding some light on the problem always helps. My network consists solely of a modem that provides WLAN, using Ethernet doesn't change a thing.
    Thanks

my issue got solved!!

Categories

Upcoming Training