Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Lab 3: Failed verifying proposal creator verify local MSP principal

Hi, after launching the network with peer0 & 1, in addition to two containers with couchDB, I received the following error when trying to fetch genesis block from allarewelcome channel for both peer0 & peer1.

"/opt/gopath/src/github.com/hyperledger/fabric# peer channel join -b allarewelcome.block
2019-07-03 11:57:52.200 UTC [channelCmd] InitCmdFactory -> INFO 001 Endorser and orderer connections initialized
Error: proposal failed (err: bad proposal response 500: access denied for [JoinChain][allarewelcome]: [Failed verifying that proposal's creator satisfies local MSP principal during channelless check policy with policy [Admins]: [This identity is not an admin]])"

However, everything works after I go into each peer container and export path: "export CORE_PEER_MSPCONFIGPATH=/etc/hyperledger/msp/users/Admin@org1.example.com/msp"

I believe the above command give both my peers the admin rights.

My question is, I already did the above command in Lab2 for peer1 & peer0 during bootstrap. I did reset the network, so is that why I have to write in the command again? Do you always have to write this manually, or can I hard code it in somewhere?

Thanks!

Comments

• eecszc
    eecszc Posts: 11

Hi, NK. after solving this identification problem. when i try the command below:

peer channel join -b allarewelcome.block

i got this error

Error: Failed sending proposal, got rpc error: code = Unavailable desc = transport is closing

Can you help me out?
    Thanks

• @eecszc said:
    Hi, NK. after solving this identification problem. when i try the command below:

peer channel join -b allarewelcome.block

i got this error

Error: Failed sending proposal, got rpc error: code = Unavailable desc = transport is closing

Can you help me out?
    Thanks

Hi @eecszc

Go into the peer container and check your env variables by typing printenv

Then your variable should be CORE_PEER_MSPCONFIGPATH=/etc/hyperledger/msp/users/Admin@org1.example.com/msp

If that is not the case, set it to admin by: export CORE_PEER_MSPCONFIGPATH=/etc/hyperledger/msp/users/Admin@org1.example.com/msp

If this not help, please check you peer log after the error. By typing docker logs --details _insert_peer_container_id

It migth be that your peer images are not compatible with the new couchdb version. Please verify that your hyperledger images are the newst version, version 4.4. If they are at version 4.0 it will not work.

A quick way to check your images version is: docker images -a

If your images are too old, please remove them and download the newest versions.

Hope this helps.

Categories

Upcoming Training