Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

How to check why linux didn't shut down properly

Hey everyone,

I'm running Linux 19.1 Cinnamon on my Laptop.

Just a few hours ago, after working on a college project for a few hours (having only libreoffice, firefox, psensor and system monitor open) the laptop didn't want to shut down and got stuck in the shut down screen. (Linux logo with the dots below).

I waited about 2 minutes, then i forced the shut down manually.

Now, i want to find the reason why that happened.

I already looked in the system error reports (nothing) and the boot log (over terminal) where i also didn't really find anything that looked as if it were the culprit.

Are there any other strategies or methods i could use to search for the reason of the failed shut down?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Comments

• @quinton77 said:
    Hey everyone,

I'm running Linux 19.1 Cinnamon on my Laptop.

Just a few hours ago, after working on a college project for a few hours (having only libreoffice, firefox, psensor and system monitor open) the laptop didn't want to shut down and got stuck in the shut down screen. (Linux logo with the dots below).

I waited about 2 minutes, then i forced the shut down manually.

http://tradevenue.se/

Now, i want to find the reason why that happened.

I already looked in the system error reports (nothing) and the boot log (over terminal) where i also didn't really find anything that looked as if it were the culprit.

Are there any other strategies or methods i could use to search for the reason of the failed shut down?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Thank you my issue has been solved,...

Categories

Upcoming Training