Deploying with Vagrant
I wanted to share this because over two nights I've had not a lot of fun trying to get LFD259 to work first on Azure (which I abandoned) and then on Vagrant.
Here's what I did to finally get this working for me on vagrant:
- First, I defined my vagrant machines as having private IPs:
config.vm.network :private_network, ip: 192.168.205.10
- Then after I stood the machines up I edited k8sMaster.sh on the master node and a) changed every occurrence of 1.13.1 to 1.14.0 in vim:
%s/1.13.1/1.14.0/g; b) found the
sudo kubeadmline and appended
- I then edit k8sSecond.sh on the worker node and changed every occurrence of 1.13.1 to 1.14.0 in vim:
- Ran k8sMaster.sh on vagrant machine 1 while running k8sSecond.sh on machine 2 at the same time
- Copied the kubeadm join command and ran it on machine 2
At this point, I finally have a cluster up and running.
Why did I abandon Azure? When I got to lab 3.4, I could not get the healthchecks to work with Azure networking for some reason and thought Vagrant would be easier; well, half right Now to try lab 3.4 again
Hope this helps someone else