Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Have i got it right? Linux installation

I installed linux on a computer with two samsung ssd cards not realising one of the cards was unplugged at the time of installation.
The second card still had windows installed so I lazily unplugged the first card and ran the install again which created a partition I think. I then continued to try a few different things to try to get the computer setup correctly but Im unsure I have managed this and think I may still have a partition and/or the cards trying to run as two different entities.
How can I check the setup properly and can I rectify this from the command line. I am a complete noob so any help will be appreciated.

When I look in the system monitor I have
/dev/sdb1 / ext4 245.1gb 13.8gb used
/dev/sda1 /boot ext4 245.1gb 7.9gb used

I cant remember how i got to this as I followed a tutorial on a forum so my question is does the (/) and (/boot) look like the right configuration.

I need to get this right as I have 5 of these desktops left to me by my late father and need to wipe the disks on all of them and install linux in order to sell them.

Comments

• arochester
    arochester Posts: 368

...And does it Boot?...

• Yes it boots fine but I'm thinking I have a 250gb boot partition and the way i understand it is im using a full 250gb ssd just to boot and wont be able to use this space for anything else. Im using the pc now but as i say I have another 4 of these all running windows and with sensitive info on of my late fathers. I would like to sell them with the hard drives cleared and Linux installed correctly. What would be the correct procedure for doing this on the other pc's?

• I would start by pulling one drive out of all of them. Re-install / install Linux on the remaining drives and then sell them. Plug the remaining SSDs into USB powered enclosures and keep them on format them and sell them too.

Categories

Upcoming Training