Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Help me chose a linux distro

Hello everyone!

I'm fairly new to Linux and currently searching for a distro that comes with a few pre installed games, and a nice 3D desktop. So far, no luck. can make a recommendation, please?

Comments

• Jonahly
    Jonahly Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    Ubuntu 13.04 comes with a few games, ( can't list any right now ) Has a nice desktop enviroment ( Unity ) and is fast and fluid on more top-notch devices. What computer do you have? What OS do you have? They recently dropped 2D in Ubuntu 12.10. I don't see many problems with 13.04 except on my Acer C7 Chromebook the software center is laggy. But otherwise it's a nice Linux distro.
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    Most desktops distros come with gnome, kde or enlightenment installed by defaults so those satisfy your need for a 3d desktop. The games are the question because we do not know what type of games you want preinstalled, first person shooters are generally very large so they are not installed by default, but I know that at least KDE based distros ship with kdegames installed which include card games, logic games and other basic types which can be reviewed at http://games.kde.org/

If you tell us what type of games you want then maybe we can offer better assistance.

Categories

Upcoming Training