My script to install a MS Domain Controller on Linux!
I've been writing an installation script for installing and configuring the linux counterparts for the most popular Windows Server features, for on a Raspberry Pi.
It configures the Raspbian OS with:
- PXE (for deploying images to workstations),
- Active Directory Domain Controller (powered by SAMBA),
- SSH, with Fail2Ban and Knockd,
- A cronjob that automaticly updates the system,
- A self configuring SELinux.
Keep in mind that this script is written with a few important things in mind:
- As if it can run on multiple distributions. And thus contains many variables that simply translate commands depending on the OS it runs on.
- As if it is able to place all the data files on to a single location (I'm still working on this functionality).
- As if the user has no experience with Linux. This script checks almost every package installation and almost every start of a daemon.
- Using the best security practices (security wise it is great, but still needs some attention to detail)!
It would be great to have some feedback!