Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

How do I open port 2222

Yes, I am basically NEW to Linux.

However I have managed to set up a simple server using Apache2.2, with some assistance from a friend.

But I perceive that I need to "Open Port 2222" to enable individuals on the Internet, to see the information.

Can't get my brain around that bit !!!!

I'm using Debian 6.0.3

Any help, which should be put as simply as possible, would be very much appreciated.

Cheers Dave.

Comments

• woboyle
    woboyle Posts: 501
    If your server is behind a firewall, then you need to "poke a hole" for port 2222 to the requisite server internal IP address. You also need to have an application running on that server listening on port 2222 for connection requests. From your posting, I don't think you have a lot of TCP/IP networking/programming experience? FWIW, port 2222 is by default used for EtherNet/IP-1 protocol needs, the most common of which is the DirectAdmin web hosting management console (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DirectAdmin).
  • hey rubberman, I need friends in western wa state. I have perks and axcess to free parts, or st very very low cost.I am tech savvy and will b someone u hear about. lookin 4 parts my friend 4 trade.

Categories

Upcoming Training