Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

help adapting a belkin usb hub {F5L009} to ubuntu linux

Hello all

The title pretty much says it all. I have a belkin usb network hub that is well integrated in win7 but since I ditched micro$haft for a much better option I was hoping to find someone who might know of drivers developed for this device. I am a novice at Linux but willing to learn. If no drivers are available how about some sort of modification to the device or firmware?

Thanks in advance

SS

Comments

• marc
    marc Posts: 647
    The title doesn't say it all, at least to me.

Adapting a usb hub?
  • A Belkin F5L009 is a USB hub that connects to your network router so that any network user can access the connected usb devices without physically connecting to them.

ps....search engines are amazing things.....give them a try
    SS
  • Hello again
    I thank you for your input MasenM .
    I also apologize for not being diplomatic but I am the type that gives what I get.
    Having said that I give you my thanks and respect because your response actually pointed me in the right direction.
    I will post any reply I receive from the author of the aforementioned pages to help spread the word as it were.
    Keep up the good work done here.
    SS
  • marc
    marc Posts: 647
    Just to explain: the op wasn't clear refering to his product as "usb hub". His product is a "*network* usb hub".

There's a huge difference because "usb hub" should be within the kernel drivers while a "network usb hub" might not (which is actually the case here).
  • saqman2060
    saqman2060 Posts: 777
    LOL
  • fifi30
    fifi30 Posts: 9

If so go give that post a good read through, peek around through his code, and then you may want to contact him to say you're interested in development for the device as well and go from there.

Categories

Upcoming Training