Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Budgeting software? [FOUND!]

Options
RSims
RSims Posts: 146
edited October 2011 in Applications

Does anyone know of a good open source software for creating your household/small business budget? I could make a chart in librecalc but was hoping someone may have already used and tried a good open source solution for it. All I want to do is sit down, figure out my incoming and out going (bills) and get an end balance and maybe be able to compare two different ones.

If anyone knows of a software that is good to do this with other then librecalc, please let me know.

FOUND!: I found a software meant for KDE called KMyMoney, its a personal finance software. It took me a couple hours to figure it out here and there, but with how in detail it works, it's really extremely simple. I would highly recommend it I am using it for all my expenses as of today on Kubuntu 11.10

Comments

• mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    Options
    Richard,
    The two most popular personal financial applications for Linux based systems are kMyMoney and GnuCash. i prefer kMyMoney, but many people state that GnuCash has more functionality.
  • saqman2060
    Options
    I know of GnuCash, very mathematical, yet not easy. Did not hear of kMyMoney. I need something like this.
  • RSims
    RSims Posts: 146
    Options
    You need to try KMyMoney, it's great.

Categories

Upcoming Training