Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

The Forum Website is back up.

Looks like I'm the first one back. :-)

I'm glad to see Linux back on-line. It was down for quite a while.

It will be interesting to read the report that comes out as to what transpired.

Wayne Sallee

Wayne@WayneSallee.com

Comments

• Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    Hey Wayne

Yes, you were the first one to successfully post. We've been looking at the site in read-only mode for a few days, and the admins are tweaking the functions as quick as they can. Hopefully, as soon as everything settles down, we'll be able get back to subject at hand, Linux. Until then, keep and eye out, visit often, there will be much to see here in the near future.

Tom
  • GpD79
    GpD79 Posts: 8
    Hi Goineasy9,

I know I'm happy to see Linux.com back up! However, it seems like the traffic very lown on the site. I know you guys are still tweaking the functions of the site, but maybe once your done, you could send out an email to all of the members notifying them that the site is back up and running. I know I almost gave up on checking the site because it was down for so long, maybe some others gave up as well and the email could be a good way to bring them back. Idk... it's just a thought.

Welcome back!
  • Yea, I agree that it would be a good idea to e-mail the members when the form is fully operational again.

Wayne Sallee
    Wayne@WayneSallee.com
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    Thank you both for your input.
    We will speak with the site admins about making an e-mail announcement once everything has been stabilized.
  • vtel57
    vtel57 Posts: 164
    Hmm... so it seems we are mostly just a forum for the moment, huh? Ah well... nice to see some familiar folks. :)
  • mfillpot
    Yes, it is the forum, Questions section and blogs.

Other enhanced features should come in time.
  • vtel57
    I see you're back to your original avatar. I never did get used to the newer one you were using. ;)
  • mfillpot
    I reverted to my old avatar on many sites because I thought it was time for a change. It is good to see you back on the site since you left G+
  • Are there any plans to ad some functions to this forum, like click to read first unread post in thread?

As this forum is now, it's quite flat.

Wayne Sallee
    Wayne@WayneSallee.com
  • ben
    ben Posts: 134
    Back again as many of you, I think it could take a while to restore all previous functionalities, I was just looking at my previous blog posts and I cannot see them yet, I'll wait for a while before reporting it, I guess Dan and other guys from the staff are still working on it.
  • vtel57
    I'm easy to find. Just click on my name under my sig pic. :)
  • RSims
    RSims Posts: 146
    Feels good to be back.
  • Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    Yes, good to have the forum active again. G+ and Diaspora are to distracting.

Categories

Upcoming Training