Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Linux instead of SymbianOS for NokiaE72..possible

Options

Hii guyz, how are you!?

My name is Hamad B) and i'm a new member ,I thought about choosing this topic for my first post, what are the possibilities of installing Linux mobile distributions on Nokia smart phones which in this case the E72, it has the S60 software platform..which Linux distribution do you think will work and support Nokia's E72 hardware?:cheer:

Comments

• mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    Options
    Due to hardware differences and memory constraints I don't think a desktop Linux distro can be installed on that phone, however you may find some android or meego images for that phone. Also with some efforts you could develop your own meego or android image for that phone.

Have you performed a google search to see if there are meego or android images for your phone?
  • hamadRR1
    Options
    a Linux desktop distro will definitely not work, most of my Nokia/Linux search results are N900 related, it seems there's not much Linux topics for E72...a handset MeeGo image is available for download On the official MeeGo website, it's mentioned there that it supports N900 ARM based platform
  • marc
    marc Posts: 647
    Options
    hamadRR1 wrote:
    Hii guyz, how are you!?

My name is Hamad B) and i'm a new member ,I thought about choosing this topic for my first post, what are the possibilities of installing Linux mobile distributions on Nokia smart phones which in this case the E72, it has the S60 software platform..which Linux distribution do you think will work and support Nokia's E72 hardware?:cheer:

I doubt any distro is supporting the E72 hardware.

By the way, if there is any android port... that would be LINUX ;)

Regards
  • hamadRR1
    Options
    Thanks linuxersB) , I will keep you updated on any further development

Categories

Upcoming Training