Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Programming in C with Bloodshed

Hey guys I have a problem, I'm programming in C and using bloodshed in a windows environment for my new programming class this semester, and I worked on something all night, saved it in multiple places, and now this morning I have no .dev file to open it and see my code. I have 3 files that it saved :

.cpp

.exe

.o

Any ideas?

Comments

• marc
    marc Posts: 647
    RSims wrote:
    Hey guys I have a problem, I'm programming in C and using bloodshed in a windows environment for my new programming class this semester, and I worked on something all night, saved it in multiple places, and now this morning I have no .dev file to open it and see my code. I have 3 files that it saved :

.cpp
    .exe
    .o

Any ideas?

What's exactly the question?

Anyway, if you are programming in C... why are you naming your files .cpp?
  • RSims
    RSims Posts: 146
    I have no file that lets me see my code I wrote and keep adding to it. That's my problem.
  • marc
    RSims wrote:
    I have no file that lets me see my code I wrote and keep adding to it. That's my problem.

Mmmm Still don't get you :S

The code must be in the .cpp files (exe are binary files and .o are object files....).

Why don't you "grep" the whole folder for something you remember you wrote like "main"? That way you'll get the files where the word "main" is in them
    grep main /folder -R

Regards
  • RSims
    right but its not, and i don't know why or what to do.
  • RSims
    well windows and linux both crashed so this problem is no longer fixable. Thanks for attempting to help.
  • marc
    RSims wrote:
    well windows and linux both crashed so this problem is no longer fixable. Thanks for attempting to help.

*BOTH*?

That looks like a hardware problem...

Categories

Upcoming Training