Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Is Google+ affecting Forum activity?

Goineasy9
Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114

Is it just me, or, has anyone else noticed? I read a number of forums every day besides moderating on Linux.com and I've noticed a drop off in participation on all of them. Is it because it's summer, or, is it because everyone is playing with the new Google+ toy? I must admit, after never being a Facebook fan, that I'm spending a lot of time playing with and learning about Google+. I know our Eric is totally addicted, how about you all?

Comments

• RSims
    RSims Posts: 146
    Maybe people are just outside more, and I still can't get into Google+, I'd like a invite if anyone gets a opening in it to invite someone.
  • Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    Richard, do you have a gmail address? I thought Matt sent invites to everyone. I just sent one to your linux dot com address, if you don't get it, message me.
  • friTTe
    friTTe Posts: 19
    Im a pretty new Google+ user, dont really call myself addicted yet =D

Still need tobuild my friend network.
  • marc
    marc Posts: 647
    To me it's a summer thing, I've been out from home all the last weekends :)

For example, this weekend I went to Calella de Palafrugell, north of Barcelona to watch Sting on concert!!! I just drove my little baby all the the way up next to the sea shore and then had a great time there. I got back home at almost 3am

And what about sunday? well, wake up at 8am (yes, five hours sleep) and go to Vic to spend all day long rock climbing!

AWESOME weekend

I guess everyone is as busy as me :)

Regards
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    I have been toning down because I don't have many questions and because I have been busy with work, vacation, etc...

But I have taken a bit of time on google+ exploring, bug reporting and sending recommendations to the google engineers.

But for now I am on vacation, I will be posting random picts of the buildings and animals that intrigue me on google+ which may be the only other communication I have this week.
  • RSims
    RSims Posts: 146
    I got the invite to google+ tom, thanks!
  • chekkizhar
    chekkizhar Posts: 182
    marc wrote:
    I just drove my little baby all the the way up next to the sea shore and then had a great time there. I got back home at almost 3am

ya.. i saw that baby...Its my favorite BMW ....I am just addicted to that Brand..But, don't have anything from this brand, so far
  • chekkizhar
    Goineasy9 wrote:
    Is it just me, or, has anyone else noticed? I read a number of forums every day besides moderating on Linux.com and I've noticed a drop off in participation on all of them. Is it because it's summer, or, is it because everyone is playing with the new Google+ toy? I must admit, after never being a Facebook fan, that I'm spending a lot of time playing with and learning about Google+. I know our Eric is totally addicted, how about you all?

ya.. I also had have the same feeling and posted in my wall on Saturday, 16. But, the thing is that is also not get noticed..

Frankly telling, am not much impressed with Google +. Don't know why ? . But, came to know more about linux.com gurus personal information, for which I need to say thanks to G+ .
  • marc
    marc Posts: 647
    linustorvalds wrote:
    marc wrote:
    I just drove my little baby all the the way up next to the sea shore and then had a great time there. I got back home at almost 3am

ya.. i saw that baby...Its my favorite BMW ....I am just addicted to that Brand..But, don't have anything from this brand, so far

As this is the Offtopic forum I will just go ahead and add a picture of my baby:

IMG%2525208909.jpg

Ain't she the cutest thing you've ever seen? :)
  • chekkizhar
    marc wrote:

yes, she is..I put the the plan to get this brand machine , at my 25 th age. only 2 years to go. Need to save more. :-)
  • vtel57
    vtel57 Posts: 164
    Yes. I've seen this drop in forum participation as well, Tom. Don't know if it's typical summer doldrums or G+ plus sucking people into its insidious plot to take over the world. ;)

Anyway, gotta' run... I'm sure I have some new Notifications at G+ by now. I've been away from it for 1.5 minutes already. ;)
  • vtel57
    RSims wrote:
    I got the invite to google+ tom, thanks!

Richard, is this you?

https://plus.google.com/115018138120771699038/about
  • vtel57
    marc wrote:
    linustorvalds wrote:
    marc wrote:

As this is the Offtopic forum I will just go ahead and add a picture of my baby:

IMG%2525208909.jpg

Si! Que linda! Tiene cuidado, senor. :)

Categories

Upcoming Training