Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Hi, I still consider myself a noob.

been using linux for about 8 years an most of that time only linux. but there is so much to learn. Recently on several occasions I thought I'd need to go back to Windows to do some job, but on closer examination (and maybe asking a few questions) I found that Linux would do it nicely. I like to play with photos in Gimp. Just recently discovered "recordmydesktop". Openoffice (now Libreoffice) leaves Microsoft office in the dust. Nero doesn't hold a candle to k3b.

But then some might say I'm getting predjudiced ;) Recently rescued an old (windows 98) laptop with a 6 GB drive by installing Puppy on it for one of my daughters. It runs really fast, and does everything that windows XP will do (only better) and a lot more..

Comments

• Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    Welcome to the Linux.com Forums. I've been using Linux for about the same length of time as you have, and I too, still consider myself a noob (maybe an advanced noob). There is a lot to learn to really explore the inner workings of Linux, but for the majority of us, just using our favorite OS, and helping others learn how to use it with whatever level of knowledge we have of it, is enough. There's always someone who is just starting, so, there's always someone you can help.

I'm always happy to hear from someone else who's life has been made easier because of Linux, thanks for sharing.
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    welcome to the site and I am glad to see how much you are enjoying using Linux based systems.

I can't wait to see what else you find and to help you with any issues that you may have.
  • friTTe
    friTTe Posts: 19
    Welcome :)

Well saving that old computer sounds great, i have also done that with an old laptop, managed to run it fast and stable using Crunchbang.
    Thats the beauty of Linux.

Categories

Upcoming Training