Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

bootable usb linux mint 10 help

Options

hello everyone i have never used linux before but i would like to start i have linux mint 10 starting up on a usb. but it does not sve my settings like bckground theme and all that. is there a way to make it save all that to the usbi have it starting from?

Comments

• mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    Options
    aundeadrockstar wrote:
    hello everyone i have never used linux before but i would like to start i have linux mint 10 starting up on a usb. but it does not sve my settings like bckground theme and all that. is there a way to make it save all that to the usbi have it starting from?

What you are looking for is a guide to setup a Persistent Linux Mint installation on a usb stick, I had found a post on another site that made some references to steps necessary at http://forum.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9557&p=81347. However making a persistent installation may be a little difficult so you may want to do a google search for linux mint persistent usb To find some additional references. The link I have given is to be informative, but also for my amusement,so please do not consider it insulting.

Categories

Upcoming Training