Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Password for new Asus Eee PC 900 Celeron M Linux ?

I recently wiped out the information on my Asus Eee PC 900 Celeron M Linux Netbook. Now when I turn it on it goes to a screen that asks me for a password. I don't know the password! I can't get to any other screen but this password screen. Can anyone PLEASE help me??

Comments

• Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    I think you'll need to be a little more specific. What do you mean by you wiped out your information, what exactly did you do? What version of Linux was on the Eee PC to start off with? Is the password screen the same one that came up when the computer booted up normally, or, is it a screen you've never seen before?

I'm heading out for the night, but, there are others here that can help if you can explain, in detail, what you did before your problem started. The more information you can give us, the easier it will be to help you.
  • asedt
    asedt Posts: 96
    Hi

How does the password screen look like?

Is it like this one?
    http://eeepc.technoburger.net/password-recovery

Are you sure that you wiped it off all data? Do you have any files on it left or is a system restore an option? (system restore, F9 at boot, removes all previous data). Can you enter BIOS by pressing F2 during the startup?
  • If you forgot your Asus laptop passwrod, you can't login your computer unless you remove or reset windows 8 password, I suggest you try some windows password recovery toosl like iSeePassword, UUkeys.

• Unknown
    edited May 2016

You can easily reset password with a password disk. I have came across this problem before and got it solved by following this step by step gudei: How to reset password if you forgot.  You need a USB drive and a normal computer to do this.

• Tankscert
    Tankscert Posts: 2
    edited July 2017

You can go into safe mode (F8 when booting up) to recover windows 8 password if you forgot user account password,

• Tankscert
    Tankscert Posts: 2
    edited August 2017

Thanks for your answer

• Banksery
    Banksery Posts: 1
    edited September 2017

When your forgot the login passowrd on Windows , don't rush , you wil be able to get into your computer , 

For WIndows 10 user ,if you signed in your Windows 10 computer with Microsoft account, you can login into your computer with it ,and you can bypass your login password to access your computer ,and you can set a new login password on Windows 10 , but you need to remember your Microsoft account Email ID  

Categories

Upcoming Training