Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

OilRush anyone :)

disi
disi Posts: 11

Unigine started to pre-sale OilRush

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=OTE2Ng

It's an RTS like game with up to date graphics engine and really interesting gameplay. There is a Linux and a Windows version. I tested it on ATI HD4770 and it works fine at 80-100fps with the binary drivers. Doesn't work with the open source ATI drivers :(

Anyway for ~€14 there is not much to do wrong (like once going to the cinema).

The game is still in developement but the tutorials, campagne and multiplayer is up and running...

screenshot from yesterday: http://ompldr.org/vN25jMg

Comments

• mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    Thank you for sharing this information. It is always good to see game development companies taking Linux users seriously. I will look forward to learning more about this game and other releases from your company.
  • disi
    disi Posts: 11
    It's not my company. I just try to spread the word, since I couldn't find anything about it in the forum yet.
    There is also an article on Phoronix about the pre-order.

Yes, this is the main reason to show some support... :)

The build is 32bit on i386, so they assume everyone on a 64bit system has multilib installed for sound etc.. The most problems seem to be with nvidia cards on Linux, while I had little problems with the AMD binary driver (mesa is missing one of the gl extensions, which is patented but might make it into mesa soon, who knows. And the open source radeon driver might work)
  • psrose
    psrose Posts: 2
    The most problems seem to be with nvidia cards on Linux, while I had little problems with the AMD binary driver (mesa is missing one of the gl extensions, which is patented but might make it into mesa soon, who knows. And the open source radeon driver might work)

Rc Helicopter|
    Mini Rc Helicopter|
    Rc Hobby Stores

• It seems that the game will be at the top of magnificence and I'm excited to watch such games
      Waiting for the start of the game
    I wish you lasting success
    1424682585.jpg

Categories

Upcoming Training