Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

using 2 os same time

how to using ubuntu linux and window xp at the same time ? After download Vmware what to do ?:laugh:

Comments

• Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    You didn't tell us about your existing set up. What are you running vmware on....Windows or Ubuntu?
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    If yo uwish to use them at the same time you need to setup vmware, virtualbox or another virtualization platform on your chosen host system, then install the other OS as a virtual machine. once that is done you can run the primary system all of the time and launch the virtual machine when you want to work in the other OS.
  • woboyle
    woboyle Posts: 501
    mfillpot wrote:
    If yo uwish to use them at the same time you need to setup vmware, virtualbox or another virtualization platform on your chosen host system, then install the other OS as a virtual machine. once that is done you can run the primary system all of the time and launch the virtual machine when you want to work in the other OS.
    Which is exactly what I do. I use VirtualBox, but VMware is much the same. In fact, I run CentOS 5 (Linux) as a host and Windows XP, Solaris x86, QNX, and various other Linux distributions in virtual machines, sometimes several at once (so I can test network messaging between different operating systems).

Categories

Upcoming Training