Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Rosewill RNX-G1 not reconnecting after rebbot

Options

I purchased a Rosewill RNX-G1 from newegg since it works with most major Distros without driver installation, but the issue with Ubuntu is that after a reboot, the device will not reconnect. Sometimes I have to force a network restart on the device to get it running again. Is this a bug in 10.04 of Ubuntu or should I just switch to another distro for the time being until 10.10 is released?

Comments

• Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    Options
    I've read threads that say this works out of the box on Ubuntu 10.04. Maybe you have a hardware problem. Although I've also heard that some usb devices like this, have problems unless they are plugged in after bootup.
    I wonder if you need an app like usb-modeswitch to make it work while it is plugged in at boot.
    Check out "man usb-modeswitch".
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    Options
    Your issue does seem to be a bug in either the hardware or software because the network manager is made to keep you always connected, a failure after a connection has been established should not happen.

I would recommend filing a bug with ubuntu and working with their developers to get it debugged and corrected.

Categories

Upcoming Training