Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

help in install redhat enterprise 4 on toshiba sat

Dear brathers

I need help I am try to install redhat enterprise 4 on my laptop toshiba satellite pro during install booting is ok but later asking for driver ARCH I try so many time but I fail but I try to install redhat enterprise 5 installing ok I need help because I know how to manage my oracle software in redhat enterprise 4 ok and for that reason I need to installed on my laptop for usefull solution please contact me on my email shatta22@hotmail.com thanks for help :(

Comments

• saqman2060
    saqman2060 Posts: 777
    What is ARCH? Did you try to find an opensouce driver that you can install manually on redhat 4? It is obvious that readhat 4 does not support that particular ARCH component. Look on the redhat site to find a listing of all supported proprietary components. B)
  • Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    Since Red Hat is a long term release, and it's almost time for RHEL6 to be released, isn't that version many years out of date? I'm wondering if there are repos available for updating.
  • thank you kamara

but all I need to install redhat enterprise 4.0 on toshiba satillete pro l300 all I need drivers for sata
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    There was another question about this on the forum a couple of days ago, you do not need drivers you can change the sata mode in the bios to I believe EIDE or ATA mode then it will be detected without issues by all operating systems.
  • hi so thanks for the www.opendrivers.com but my problem stil not solve because I am not able to find any drivers for sata supporting redhat linux in this website

my bast regard
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    Have you tried changing your sata mode in the bios? I have read in many cases that changing the mode pushes it to use native kernel drivers.

Categories

Upcoming Training