Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

I just have to say

IronHoof
IronHoof Posts: 2

I switched from windows to Ubuntu and Kubuntu 2 weeks ago. I have two hard drives and they BOTH have Linux on them.

I always see people asking question but I don't have a question I just wanted to applaud the Linux community.

With in the first 2 days I was back to programming and editing X11 cursors making icons doing everything I was doing in windows. I know they say it has a learning curve but to me it seemed plain and simple. I just needed to learn a couple

terminal commands and key combinations to get started. I like to jump right into things and I am a hobby programmer so its not like that was a major contributing factor. However maybe because I knew dos I am comfortable with command prompts, exploring and modifying. It doesn't matter in any case I love Ubuntu and its sub types. I downloaded each and every single one to try too.

I not only converted but after using it for 4 days and giving it the praise it deserves I have gotten 3 other people to switch too.

I will keep absorbing the knowledge for now and I will pass what I learned.

Keep up the good work everyone and thank you!

Comments

• marc
    marc Posts: 647
    That's the spirit! :)

And thanks to you too!
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    Thank you for sharing this with us. It is good to see someone else who appreciates all of the hard work that the open source and free software communities have chosen to share.

Feel free to return to us for guidance on any specific issues that you or your converters are experiencing.

Also if you would like to share you experiences converting people to Linux based systems with a group checkout http://www.linux.com/community/groups/viewgroup/1208-Linux+Converters
  • IronHoof
    IronHoof Posts: 2
    I will bookmark that! Thank you
  • marc
    marc Posts: 647
    Already joined!
  • DarkRage4
    DarkRage4 Posts: 2
    Awesome to hear your conversion :D Linux is awesome, and gets turn down by so many people for the simple fact it's free. They automatically think it's bad, because it's free. In my opinion when I talk to them I say I have a nicer, smoother, faster looking OS than you and I didn't pay a cent. Welcome aboard :)
  • MikeEnIke
    MikeEnIke Posts: 88
    Always good to hear, the possibilities with Linux are really what keeps me around.

Categories

Upcoming Training