Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Content Filtering on Ubuntu

I have a laptop that I am running Ubuntu 10.04 on. My wife and I would like to setup some kind of content filtering software on it so that we can keep track of, and limit the kinds of websites our children can visit, etc. Currently I also have a Windows 7 pc running a program called Safe Eyes, which I have found to be wonderful software. Unfortunately, Safe Eyes is not available for Ubuntu.

We both really like Ubuntu, but from what I have been able to discover, there isn't any real content filtering software out there for it. Does anyone know of something that will solve this problem. I am fairly new to Linux, but I have a knack for computers, so even if the software is a little bit difficult to configure, I'm game especially if it has decent documentation.

Thanks!

Comments

• woboyle
    woboyle Posts: 501
  • jabirali
    jabirali Posts: 157
    I second DansGuardian (see rubbermans link).
  • First let me say that I don't really know anything about Ubuntu or Linux in general. That's why I joined these forums. However, my Uncle is one of the top Disk Drive Engineer's in the world and he was telling me the other day about the sweet content filtering system now in Ubuntu. So I know it's in there somewhere, you just have to find where and how to use it.
  • I appreciate all the responses so far! I think I have a good place to start.

Thanks!
  • Unknown
    edited April 2016

I suggest to use ClearOS Open source Filter. As i personally used it and helps me as an administrator to enforce browsing policy. The browsing policy for here can be be enforced across all users or, group definitions can be created, allowing an me to categorize users into groups - to be filtered uniquely.

Categories

Upcoming Training