Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

RHEL5 display problem

Hi,

I installed RHEL5 and suddenly some of the contents are not diplaying in english language. I attached the desktop scrrenshot also.

Can you please help me to resolve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Due to upload limit i am attaching only part of the desktop screen shot. image.jpg
  • woboyle
    woboyle Posts: 501
    What language did you select? If it was the default, it may not have been English, or you might have accidentally selected the wrong language. Also, were did you get your installation disc/image from? Was it from Red Hat, or someone else?
  • I selected English language only and got this from my friend.
    Can you please tell me what i need to do now to resolve this problem.
  • woboyle
    woboyle Posts: 501
    To run Red Hat Enterprise Linux you need a license key from Red Hat. It is possible that your friend gave you a copy that was intended for the Chinese or other market. Unless you have a license key from Red Hat, then I would suggest in the strongest possible terms that you download and install CentOS, the community/free version of RHEL, instead. Installing an unlicensed copy of RHEL is akin to installing an unlicensed copy of Windows. If it works at all, it will be more trouble than its worth since you can't get any updates and are in violation of a number of copyright and contract laws. At least with CentOS or Fedora, free is fine.
  • 1,edit the file /etc/sysconfig/i18n,

2,change the LANG to english,just like following format
    LANG="en_US.UTF-8"

3,logout and login again

good luck to u
  • edit the file /etc/sysconfig/

2,change the LANG to english,just like following format
    LANG="english"

3,logout and login again

Categories

Upcoming Training